Philosophical Question of the Day

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
I was hanging out in heaven when they called me down to bring some joy into the world. When I'm done I'll pick up where I left off.

Simple. :)

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Starts when you pop out of mommy's tummy.
Ends when your brain physically ceases to process activities.

As long as you are breathing you exist, you can be a complete gimp and still be considered for all medical purposes alive.

And none of this religious rhetoric, no one on earth considers you alive once you are in a grave and in 'heaven' or whatever.

BTW I continue to think you are a bigger nef than paulson

shadowfaX

Dec 22, 2000
Life is a road and I wanna keep going
Love is a river I wanna keep flowing
Life is a road now and forever
Wonderful journey

..."At the Beginning"

Cheapster

Dec 31, 2000
Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. With that thought in mind, you've always been and will always be in one form or another.

Philosopher

Banned
Jan 31, 2001
Elemental, according to your thinking 9th month abortions would be ok. Are you sure thats what you mean?

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000
Cheapster,

If energy can not be created or destroyed where did it come from?

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
I am conservative on many viewpoints...but not on abortion. A fetus is just that - a fetus.

While I am not a believer in third trimester abortions, I have that viewpoint because it is a danger to the mother - not the fetus.

I fail to see why someone would want to being a child in this world when they did not plan on it or know that child will not live a normal, productive life. If a couple inadvertadly ends up with a baby, what kind of life will he/she have?

I think it is foolish to bring a child into this world knowing that raising him or her will be an inconvience rather than a joy.

JACKHAMMER

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Starts at birth, ends at death - That simple.:confused::frown::confused::frown::disgust::frown::disgust::cool::p;):p:cool::disgust::frown::disgust::cool::p;):);):p:cool::disgust::frown::confused::frown::disgust::cool::p;):);)

Scrapster

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2000
Philosopher,

Didn't you wig out on us earlier? Here, let me dig out the quote. Hold on.

What the h3ll am I doing here? Sitting in front of this damn computer screen!? This serves no purpose in my life. It is simply an escape from friggin reality. For most of my life I've avoided making decisions. I've simply let the easy way out get to me. NO MORE. I'm not gonna be sucked into a brainless nothingness!

Look familiar? Welcome back to this "brainless nothingness."

GroundOO

Mar 14, 2000
"If energy can't be created or destroyed, then where did it come from?"

The Bing BAAang, wherever you think it came from the Big Bang was the start. (Black/White holes defy physics as we know them today so the energy thing doesn't hold true.)

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Stop worrying about the beginning and the end and just enjoy the middle while it lasts.

Athanasius

Nov 16, 1999
Life starts with the metabolic activity of protoplasm.

Sometimes it feels even worse than that sounds :)

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
"I think, therefore I am"

Life starts when I start thinking and ends when I stop.

saxman

Banned
Oct 12, 1999

<< I think it is foolish to bring a child into this world knowing that raising him or her will be an inconvience rather than a joy. >>

ALL HAIL mighty ELEMTAL! HE WHO KNOWS ALL!

flood

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
Where does life start?
At the buy point.

Where does life end?
With a headshot, awp to the shoelace, knife in the back, or the unsuccessful bomb defuse.

Missus

Golden Member
Feb 15, 2000
Welcome back....

&quot;... That SPARK!!!... That is life.... ITSELF!!!&quot;

When you die that pretty well ends it...
;)

airfoil

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2001
Life begins when one of those millions of fish is the first to fertilize the egg. I dont want to think of the end just yet.