Philips Fidelio X2...an update..DON'T BUY THEM!

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Ridiculous. The head band screws started to come loose, and no, you can't disassemble the unit to tighten them yourself. They made damn sure that when those tiny head band screws eventually come loose from repeated leveraging/force that you would be perfectly screwed. No pun intended.
They sound great, but this is a glaring design oversight that warrants a good trash talking every chance I get. I will be replacing them with what will likely be the Sony mdr-z7's.
I started with beyerdynamic DT770's and thought they were good. They ended up breaking. Bass response stopped working in left driver and they had rattle. I figured I just didn't spend enough although they were about $200 or so. I decided to go higher end with the X2's, but apparently $300 buys you garbage, and luckily I just made it within the warranty and I was told I'd be getting a refund.
I hope that spending about $600.00 on the damn Sony's will finally cure my quality complaints. Is that what a guy has to spend to get a pair of headphones that won't break in LESS THAN A YEAR? Damn it I swear. Maybe I should just drop $1,500.00 on some real high end crap just so I can play BF4 for longer than a year without the damn things BREAKING!

/Rant

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
ive had my senn hd600's for a year and a half now and they are in tip top shape. and they cost just over 300 bucks.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
ive had my senn hd600's for a year and a half now and they are in tip top shape. and they cost just over 300 bucks.

When I actively used my Senn600s it seemed like I had to replace the headphone cable every six months or so. They were also used by my son who probably wasn't the easiest on them, but still frustrating. Fortunately back then SennUSA sold replacement parts at very reasonable rates (unfortunately no longer as reasonable).

The rest of the headphones were very solid though.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I'm getting a refund for the X2's. I just pulled the trigger on a pair of HD700's to replace them with. If these damn things break on me then I give up. I'll be using speakers.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
10 months later and the HD700's are as they were when I first got them. Not a single issue. Very pleased with these.

Reactions: Zivic