Philips 109b20- Don't like!

MogyBear

Oct 21, 2002
Does anyone else have the Philips 109B20 monitor? The reviews sounded pretty good, but I think it SUCKS it is so out of focus on the edges... It basically looks like a mesh netting... Once I played around with the moire adjust, it seemed better, but then the image seemed more out of focus, and the top of the screen still has that "mesh" thing...

Do you think I should get a Compaq p900 (trinitron) off ebay (refurbished) for $95 + $75 shipping? How are refurbished monitors, anyway? Are they the same quality as new ones? Thank you!

holdencommodore

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2000
Maybe it's a bad sample.... monitors can vary in quality from one to another. I've seen this monitor in action and the corners were a little out of focus, but no more then other flat CRT's.
Did you try and use the LightFrame software?

Cheers

Baronz

Mar 12, 2002
My friend has one of these, I don't like it at all, it seems to be much fuzzier than my 4 yr old CRT.

MogyBear

Oct 21, 2002
I got another one (Philips) from Dell and it was just as bad as the first. THen I got a compaq P900 which was really weird-- the text had these little static things on the side. It was kind of fuzzy. Like moving around fuzzy. It is hard to explain. I adjusted everything I could and it did not help. Definitely not as good as my Dell P780, which is still the best monitor I have ever seen.