Philadelphia: Republican poll inspectors forcibly removed from voting stations

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
That's great. People who stand in front of doors with a club who belong to a hate group isn't a problem. I'm sure the KKK tossing out judge appointed people would be ok too. For my part neither is proper, but then again whats right depends on what is done and no race has an exemption. That obviously is not a universal standard in these parts.

Please stop WAY over-hyping one very small, near non-incident from four years ago, and welcome to today, Nov. 6th, 2012:

New Black Panthers: Polite and 'Pretty Cool,' Watchdog Group Reports

Ben Brink, the former Navy Seal whose conservative watchdog group of retired special forces officers traveled around Philadelphia, Cleveland and other hotspot cities to guard against reports of voter intimidation, shared his final report with The Huffington Post.

Much of the group's attention focused on the appearance of men dressed in New Black Panther garb, something that grabbed headlines on Fox News for much of the day. Kerry Patton, a former U.S. intelligence officer working with Brink, observed the men at several points over the course of the day, culminating in a conversation about "their intent" around 6:00 p.m.

Speaking with a man who identified himself as the group's spokesman, Kerry was told that the men were there "not to intimidate but to ensure that voters were able to vote and that everything went smoothly," Brink reports. "The NBPP members were very polite and, as Kerry said even 'pretty cool.'"

"Despite rumors and concerns, it was a relatively calm Election day, intimidation-wise," Brink concluded.

Read the full report below:

Here is the final report from Philadelphia:
Report from former US Intelligence Officer Kerry Patton at [email redacted].

Kerry observed NBPP activity at the Philadelphia Ward 14, District 4 polling place at 1221 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19123.

We had received rumors of NBPP activity all over Philadelphia but could not find any activity except at the address above.

At about 1730 EST, Kerry Patton drove by the poll and checked in with Ben Brink via phone. He observed one uniformed NBPP member and two gentlemen possibly in their mid-60s dressed in civilian attire. Activity was consistent with the videos taken by the news media all day.

Kerry then drove off.

At about 1800, Kerry came back. After checking with Ben Brink on the phone, Kerry went up to the NBPP and the two gentleman in civilian dress. He told them who he was and that he was observing any intimidation at the polls. He
asked them if they would mind making their intent clear and if he could film the discussion for the record. The NBPP members stated they would prefer not to be photographed but that they would be glad to state their intent.

The spokesman, the civilian dressed gentleman, stated that they were there not to intimidate but to ensure that voters were able to vote and that everything went smoothly. The NBPP members were very polite and, as Kerry said even “pretty cool”.

Kerry then thanked them and left. He noticed that they were handing out pamphlets as he drove away.

That’s it. Philadelphia is quiet.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Please stop WAY over-hyping one very small, near non-incident from four years ago, and welcome to today, Nov. 6th, 2012:

were official reps denied access? If not then it's all good. While we're discussing this there was also the presumption on the part of some that none of this mattered if true. So what was that about?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Man that kinda kills the Fox News, right wing characterization of scary black people

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I dont get it, I mean I voted by mail, BUT if I was at a polling place and anyone asked me for anything I would tell them to go fuck themselves.

ask me for ID fuck you, try and stop me from entering I would force my way in.

Media hype all the way around on both sides. to sell advertising

/thread
Man, you're one tough hombre.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
I dont get it, I mean I voted by mail, BUT if I was at a polling place and anyone asked me for anything I would tell them to go fuck themselves.

ask me for ID fuck you, try and stop me from entering I would force my way in.

Media hype all the way around on both sides. to sell advertising

/thread

You are obviously not one of those dum democrats who are easily persuaded by those evil republicans.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Man that kinda kills the Fox News, right wing characterization of scary black people

Well, yeh, but you need to understand that the Faux audience rarely sees black people in person. They'd probably be scared shitless to even get out of their car at 1221 Fairmount in N Philly... and they'd only be there if they were desperately lost in the first place. White bread suburbia, it ain't. It bears no resemblance to white rural America, either.

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000
Well, yeh, but you need to understand that the Faux audience rarely sees black people in person. They'd probably be scared shitless to even get out of their car at 1221 Fairmount in N Philly... and they'd only be there if they were desperately lost in the first place. White bread suburbia, it ain't. It bears no resemblance to white rural America, either.

:rolleyes:

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

Thats true. Things can get interesting at times but if you grew up in inner city Philly as I did you would know what was safe and what was stupid.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Thats true. Things can get interesting at times but if you grew up in inner city Philly as I did you would know what was safe and what was stupid.

And I'm pretty sure you'd identify the guy standing in front of the polling place at 1221 Fairmount as safe, as would other neighborhood residents.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

And 1221 Fairmount isn't that bad compared to some other parts of North Philly. I know, I was a P.I. all through this area. And Haya knows this, too. ;)

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
And 1221 Fairmount isn't that bad compared to some other parts of North Philly. I know, I was a P.I. all through this area. And Haya knows this, too. ;)

Yep. That's not bad a location. There are some cool places actually. Ahh, the stories of days gone by... :D