Phenom II > i7

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

palladium

Dec 24, 2007
Originally posted by: Pelu
Dude,,, i7, Lower speed, lower transistor count, if its higher in a game benchmark is because the benchmark is arrange lol! by the way architecture is not a magic want to create something faster right from your axx lol... maybe it help lol... but is not magical...

Lol that sounds so like someone from the Zone. Everyone there believes the benchmarks we use are all optimized for Intel's arch, while real world perf is better on AMD's chip.

I have to disagree with you on your argument about how architecture impacts performance. Look at P4, it has a high clock speed, but loses to a lower clocked core 2 or even Athlon X2.

drizek

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2005
Originally posted by: IdontcareI'm not a marketing type person though, so I am sure it makes perfect logic at some level once the rationale is thoroughly explained. At the moment its jsut beyond me, but humorous and I continue to laugh every time I see that logo with the "The Future is Fusion" proudly displayed at the bottom of a marketing slide hyping the current non-fusion product line-up.

I think the basic idea is "Don't worry about buying stuff from AMD, we aren't going out of business, we'll still be here two years from now, and we're still kicking ass."

You can also look at the Lexus car from MInority Report in 2042. They went through a lot of trouble to design that thing, obviously it was marketing dollars at work, and the basic idea is that Lexus is a reliable and innovative company that will be a market leader. True, Lexus is behind Mercedes and BMW, but if people get the idea that Lexus is the future and the Germans are the past, then then they will be more willing to go with the underdog.

If AMD advertises fusion now, when Intel releases their similar product, AMD can say that Intel copied them. Same tactic Apple uses. "Microsoft has 95% marketshare and billions of dollars, and yet we are still ahead of them and they are stuck copying us just to survive".

iGas

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2009

Seriously, is 1 or 2 frames faster going to make a different in games?
Or, it is just for dick extension.

IMO, it is the better approach would be match the hardware to the current games that you play and save the money for upgrade in 6-12 months.