Phantecks ENTHOO Elite case ($900!!!)

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
If this case was not so obscenely priced, I'd order it in a heartbeat. It supports 4 x 140mm fans in the front, 3 x 140mm top, 2 x 140mm back, 2 x 140mm side, and 3 x 140mm on the bottom. :hearteyes:

However, $900 is a complete mid-range gaming PC.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854056

Elite-1.jpg

Elite-9.jpg

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
is that thing made of titanium or molded carbon fiber?
what the heck is up with that 900 dollar price tag on something that looks like it wouldnt break 250.

Lemme guess the side pannel is made of sapphire crystal or gorilla glass?

Reactions: UsandThem

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
looks clean, but yea I don't spend more than $200 on any case... ever. only exception was the M1 which exceeded that after shipping since it was an import direct from factory. plus I wanted to support the project.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
looks clean, but yea I don't spend more than $200 on any case... ever. only exception was the M1 which exceeded that after shipping since it was an import direct from factory. plus I wanted to support the project.

I don't think I've ever spent more than $150 on any case, but if this case was priced at say $300, I'd have an order for one today. More than that that amount? No way.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
yea the case is definitely nice; I like the hinged glass panel, connectivity hub in the front and the fan support but I'd agree... $300 is more than enough for this thing. also, 72lbs is quite a bit for an empty case... some of my bigger towers are close to 100 pounds but that's full of hardware and multiple drives, radiators etc. it's not a lot of fun to carry up and down stairs so I can't imagine lugging this thing around if it were full of gear.

a few of these would be pretty sweet in a data center though...

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Sigh...

This is seriously a insult to gamers.
Just because its powder coated they think people will be okey with a 900 dollar price tag?
My Mountain Mods was powder coated, and probably more professionally done then this phantek because it was done at a time where mountain mods were considered the cream of the crop for computer cases with people who intended to water cool them, and i still did not pay 900 dollars for that case...

Seriously tho, that glass better be sapphire crystal, and those LED's done via fiber optics or something, otherwise i seriously think the guy at phantek who thought of this idea should be let go of before he destroys the company,

Reminds me of thermaltake and its level 10 nonsense. That case costed 700 dollars when it first came out... no one bought it, so they dropped it to 159.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
My Mountain Mods was powder coated, and probably more professionally done then this phantek because it was done at a time where mountain mods were considered the cream of the crop for computer cases with people who intended to water cool them, and i still did not pay 900 dollars for that case...

Eh, as the owner of two Mountain Mods cases they were wildly overrated and over priced for what they were. My U2-UFO remains to this day my largest PC purchase regret. Every time I did a new build I asked myself why I spent such a god awful amount of money on that case because other than it's sheer size it had no redeeming qualities. Sure they were powder coated. Big whoop.

This case is just as obscenely priced but you're getting more for your money at least.

bonehead123

Nov 6, 2013
Overall a nice case pe se...but for $900, they should include ALL the drive brackets & fans to max this thing out from day 1. You should not have to spend mo' money and wait for delivery of the extra parts....