PG&E Execs deserve bonus?

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
According to this little story I just came across even though PG&E is in bankruptcy the company feels the executive team deserves a bonus! Personally I think they should not let the door hit them in their backsides on the way out. Story here.

dc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
lol, let's give them even more money for being retards... :confused:

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001

<< Nothing like a joke without a punchline....this is a joke right? >>

As far as I know this is all being done with a straight face. I think the punchline will likely be provided by the bankruptcy court.

Khameleon

Apr 12, 2001
This certainly is nothing new. You often read about companies that layoff employees to &quot;cut costs&quot;, then turn around and give the executives million dollar bonuses. My roommate's employer just had a second round of layoffs, and is likely to shut its doors in two weeks, yet only two months ago gave bonuses to management while denying bonuses to the rest of the company. To top it off, the CEO of this multimillion dollar bungle of a company was just given a new position in the VC division of the parent company, a promotion with pay raise. I wish I knew how to run a company into the ground and then be promoted for it.