Petition to secede from the Union

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by brainhulk, Nov 13, 2012.

?

If the confederates secede from the union, which side would you fight on?

1. Union

2. Confederates

3. Depends who has the better looking uniforms

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. thujone

thujone Golden Member

texas does not have nukes. no state has a nuclear arsenal.

however the united states of america has quite the nuclear arsenal.

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx Diamond Member

What's that old saying? Possession is 9/10's of the law? Or "Come and get 'em"?

3. thujone

thujone Golden Member

if you seriously think you're going to convince members of the military to suddenly turn over weapons or operate in any way against US citizens because of talking points that everyone in the nation has heard for the past 18 months then you're either stupid or trolling.

let's all be honest... none of this is ever going to happen. it's just not a feasible situation. it might have been feasible in the past, but i mean... just by virtue of us having an INTERSTATE highway system this is all but assured to never happen.

4. Steeplerot

Steeplerot Lifer

And wouldn't you guys feel stupid when the codes came in from the Union that mixed the propellants together while inside the silos still.

Toasted rockets, problem solved, and probably not much leakage of the warheads.

Remember the Alamo? The beatdown that would ensue for threatening the USA with nukes would be far worse.

This is really stupid/counterproductive -no state is going anywhere.

5. Londo_Jowo

Londo_Jowo Lifer

Don't forget the majority of the US's strategic oil reserves are located in old salt domes in Texas and Louisiana.

6. techs

techs Lifer

Louisina would be destitute without the Feds so there is no way they are going to secede.

7. randomrogue

randomrogue Diamond Member

Clearly this is a really stupid idea and just a bunch of toothless people with hot heads blowing off some steam. Most of the Texas population would head north leaving a bunch of redneck inbreeds to try to fight the US army as we came marching in. We would push them into Mexico and leave our forces there while the Mexicans push back on them from the south leaving a whole bunch of ignorant Texans in quite a pickle. The result? 100,000 dead Texans, 1 wounded Mexican, a couple US airmen with bad sunburns, and the rest of the USA giggling.

8. MooseNSquirrel

MooseNSquirrel Platinum Member

THis was settled 150 years ago; states cannot secede from the Union.

9. schneiderguy

schneiderguy Lifer

I hate Lincoln so much. Worst President ever.

10. xj0hnx

xj0hnx Diamond Member

Your fantasies of people you don't like being killed are very disturbing. You are a truly sick individual.

11. MooseNSquirrel

MooseNSquirrel Platinum Member

THats a mighty tiny club you are in there Shneider.

12. Steeplerot

Steeplerot Lifer

You suggested that Texas should seize nuclear weapons to use against the USA.

I would say this is traitorous but then so was General Washington.

Hell, I was being nice by saying they shouldn't just fire the warheads within the silos and turn Texas into glass.

This is stupid talk. I do like Texas actually although I give you guys a rough time but this subject is lame.

#87 Steeplerot, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  13. dawp

dawp Diamond Member

I doubt that there would be enough supporters who would vote for succession anyways. if it gets on the ballot it wont get beyond that.

14. xj0hnx

xj0hnx Diamond Member

No way it will, most Texans are sane and have no desire whatsoever of secession, the only ones that like the idea are extremist nutbags rightwingers, and Anandtech liberals that get boners thinking about people that politically oppose them dying.

15. Newbian

Newbian Lifer

Exactly.

They are in the possession of the united states military. ;)

16. xj0hnx

xj0hnx Diamond Member

derp

17. Dude111

Dude111 Golden Member

This whole thing IS STUPID and probably just a way to get a list of names of those who MIGHT CAUSE PROBLEMS FOR THEM!!!!

I would advise NOT SIGNING ANYTHING!!!!!

18. Newbian

Newbian Lifer

19. Darwin333

Darwin333 Lifer

Louisiana would be friggen GREAT without the Feds.... All that offshore revenue that the Feds currently steal would ALL be theirs, that alone should double the budget at least and if it isn't enough they will just add some tariffs to all the go-go juice and petrochemicals the rest of the nation relies on them for. They would also control the business end of the Mississippi river. Ever hear the old saying that you don't put all your eggs in one basket? As far as energy is concerned that is basically what the US has done between Texas and Louisiana. Hell, the HUB of the entire nations pipeline system is located in those two states, so if by some magical and mystical the US could shit a new supply of go go juice I seriously doubt they could effectively transport it throughout the nation.

20. Darwin333

Darwin333 Lifer

Giggling at 100,000 dead people huh? Why not pick another state that doesn't agree with your politics and wipe them all out too, might get an actual laugh then.

21. xj0hnx

xj0hnx Diamond Member

It's also humorous that he used "we", as if he'd have the balls to get out from behind the keyboard, and fight in a war. As dumb an idea as this whole secession hoopla is, it's interesting that the mouth breathing leftist are so into the idea, and their desire for their political opponents to be killed, you know, it's the conservatives that are crazy right?

22. randomrogue

Are you part of the toothless crowd I was referring to? I'm really sorry about that. Not my fault though.

And you're right. I won't be marching in. I'll be comfortably at home laughing my ass off considering the absurdity of this whole discussion.

23. techs

techs Lifer

Texas, to use the words spoken long ago:

"You have sat here too long for any good you are doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"

24. xj0hnx

xj0hnx Diamond Member

Nope, got my teeth. Of course you are comfortably at home "laughing your ass off", that what sick cowards do when they start fantasizing about people they don't agree with politically dying.

25. randomrogue

That's not what I'm doing. I'm making fun of people who want to secede from the union because Obama won.