Petition to allow Open Carry at Republican convention

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Someone started a petition to allow firearms at the Republican convention this July.

This is a direct affront to the Second Amendment and puts all attendees at risk. As the National Rifle Association has made clear, "gun-free zones" such as the Quicken Loans Arena are "the worst and most dangerous of all lies." The NRA, our leading defender of gun rights, has also correctly pointed out that "gun free zones... tell every insane killer in America... (the) safest place to inflict maximum mayhem with minimum risk." (March 4, 2016 and Dec. 21, 2012)
Serious or troll? My vote is troll.

The spelling is perfect. :biggrin:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to pass that.

I would imagine it is someone who is being serious, and not very bright.

It would never happen, I imagine.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I support republicans shooting each other after everyone gets pissed at the delegate vote and possible backgroom deals fucking over one or more candidates.

swamplizard

Mar 18, 2016
I support republicans shooting each other after everyone gets pissed at the delegate vote and possible backgroom deals fucking over one or more candidates.

Greetings Phokus,

I hope the media covers it.

best,
swampy

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Only the brave (or insane) dare test the extremely sharp and narrow edge of their rights. But with the condition the Repub Party is in right now, open carry at their convention seems to fit right in with everything else going on in Pink Pachyderm Land.

And that certainly would solve the problem that Trump is having with those protesters messing up his rallies now wouldn't it? :D

By all means then, let the Open Carry GOP Convention proceed post haste with all the hoot'in and holler'in and shooting rounds into the ceiling. They could even have a fund raising sharpshooting contest with swinging effigies of the Dem candidates as targets? Sounds good huh?

But wait! Something is missing from the mix: Alcohol. Why not permit BYOB at the convention too? I mean, with a heavy fire stick in one hand, a guy and gal would need a full jug in the other for load balancing, wouldn't you think?

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Only the brave (or insane) dare test the extremely sharp and narrow edge of their rights. But with the condition the Repub Party is in right now, open carry at their convention seems to fit right in with everything else going on in Pink Pachyderm Land.

And that certainly would solve the problem that Trump is having with those protesters messing up his rallies now wouldn't it? :D

By all means then, let the Open Carry GOP Convention proceed post haste with all the hoot'in and holler'in and shooting rounds into the ceiling. They could even have a fund raising sharpshooting contest with swinging effigies of the Dem candidates as targets? Sounds good huh?

But wait! Something is missing from the mix: Alcohol. Why not permit BYOB at the convention too? I mean, with a heavy fire stick in one hand, a guy and gal would need a full jug in the other for load balancing, wouldn't you think?

I think you're on to something with the addition of alcohol to firearms and angry people.

Just as long as it's televised. :cool:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Finally, NRA policy I'm all in favor of.
And just not your average every day guns, lets do assault weapons and flame throwers.
Then we'll see which politicians are all bull and which actually believe what they preach.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Finally, NRA policy I'm all in favor of.
And just not your average every day guns, lets do assault weapons and flame throwers.
Then we'll see which politicians are all bull and which actually believe what they preach.

Set em loose with some of the short ranged old tactical nukes :p

kzoVp.jpg

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Set em loose with some of the short ranged old tactical nukes :p

kzoVp.jpg

I heard the GOP leadership already have a couple of them aimed at Trump's house. Why a couple you ask? Because given the really shitty luck the GOP have been experiencing, it gives them at least a 50/50 chance that one of them thar launchers will actually have the correct end pointed at the house.

Last edited:

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
In this case I say let us make the GoP's convention as safe as possible. :colbert:

And a gun that isn't ready to use is not ready to protect. So requirement of all gun safeties being off as well.

I totally signed the petition too.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Someone started a petition to allow firearms at the Republican convention this July.

Serious or troll? My vote is troll.

The spelling is perfect. :biggrin:

At least the petition recognizes there is more than one actor involved; the GOP convention leadership itself, the owner of the venue space where the convention is being held, the Secret Service who would be providing protection services, the local authorities like the city and fire/safety department, and probably a few more. All would need to approve this for it to be effective. This isn't some simple issue of personal hypocrisy from a politician even though I have no doubt there's some of that in effect also, hypocrisy and politicians are natural partners like fried chicken and waffles or macaroni and cheese.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What a magnificent way to troll the Republicans. Imagine the sound of 1000 pump shotguns being racked as Donald or Ted steps up to give their acceptance speech.

khon

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2010
If it is a troll, he/she is my new hero. This should absolutely happen, afterall Republicans keep telling us how safe it will be when everyone is armed, so lets see how they like their own proposal.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Pick up your complimentary pistol when you register for your name tag.

But to be safe, you have to keep them pointed at the stage at all times because as sure as bears and Sarah Palin shits in the woods, them party pistola's will have been made in China and those things can only be trusted as far as you can pull the trigger. It seems to be the place where any big Repub corporate sponsor would want to have them manufactured in.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
At least the petition recognizes there is more than one actor involved; the GOP convention leadership itself, the owner of the venue space where the convention is being held, the Secret Service who would be providing protection services, the local authorities like the city and fire/safety department, and probably a few more. All would need to approve this for it to be effective. This isn't some simple issue of personal hypocrisy from a politician even though I have no doubt there's some of that in effect also, hypocrisy and politicians are natural partners like fried chicken and waffles or macaroni and cheese.

Mostly hypocrisy. Do you think any of the GOP congress people allow guns at their town halls or open meetings where SS and venues are not an issue??

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
If it is a troll, he/she is my new hero. This should absolutely happen, afterall Republicans keep telling us how safe it will be when everyone is armed, so lets see how they like their own proposal.

Yep, same guy should petition for there to be abortion booths at the Democratic convention; the arena should meet all the health and hygiene standards Democrats think necessary and requiring women to go all the way to a clinic is so barbaric.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Mostly hypocrisy. Do you think any of the GOP congress people allow guns at their town halls or open meetings where SS and venues are not an issue??

I have no idea and frankly don't care since I wouldn't be in attendance. Feel free to post links that indicate one way or the other and I'll review them.