PETA vs the Boy Scouts

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Did you know that if you fish, its on the same level as beating a puppy? Thats what PETA spokesmen have said.

As many other wakos groups have done, PETA has joined the assult on Boy Scouts by staging their protest of a "fishing merit badge" and even have a commercial coming out soon in support of a boy scout ban on fishing.

They have inspired me though. I ate at Red Lobster today for lunch.

daveman

Golden Member
Apr 2, 2001
why don't PETA just go live in a jungle somewhere. Just them and the animals maybe they can mate.

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< why don't PETA just go live in a jungle somewhere. Just them and the animals maybe they can mate. >>

Too late.

Sugadaddy

Banned
May 12, 2000

<< I ate at Red Lobster today for lunch. >>

hmmmmmmm, Lobster. :)

hmmmmmmmm, meat!!!!!!!!!! :D

Screw you PETA, muhahahhhahahaha!

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
They are against any fishing..

I'm going for Red Lobster tonite, THX for the idea..

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< Are they even against catch and release? >>

In this protest I'm not sure. But I have heard them speak out against catch and release calling it cruel.

I say it would be far more cruel to threaten the long tradition of grease and fish at Long John Silvers

yellowperil

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2000
PETA is going about this the wrong way. They should be focusing on issues of animal rights abuse where they can get some results. You attack the Boy Scouts because of a fishing badge, no one's going to take you seriously.

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
Another vote for Screw PETA.. They're attacking one of the few organizations left that tries to raise young boys right! Ban fishing?!?! Why the hell don't they attack some Hunter's association... or the North American Fishing Organization... or Winn Dixie's slogan, &quot;The BEEF People&quot;... Why the hell are they attacking the Boy Scouts..

Oh wait.. They're leftwing liberal Democrats who, like always, have decided to 'fight for action' before they even thought about it. Screw PETA and Screw Bill Maher (the ugly guy on late night TV - he's all for PETA)

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
Also, animal rights? You've got to be kidding me. If I see a bug, I make it a point to crunch it because of PETA's loud stupid mouth.

Kosugi

Jan 9, 2001

Link?

PETA does go overboard, but sometimes, especially with their staunch criticisms of some zoos and all circuses, I agree with them.

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< Link?

PETA does go overboard, but sometimes, especially with their staunch criticisms of some zoos and all circuses, I agree with them.
>>

peta's website

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< Another vote for Screw PETA.. They're attacking one of the few organizations left that tries to raise young boys right! Ban fishing?!?! Why the hell don't they attack some Hunter's association... or the North American Fishing Organization... or Winn Dixie's slogan, &quot;The BEEF People&quot;... Why the hell are they attacking the Boy Scouts..

Oh wait.. They're leftwing liberal Democrats who, like always, have decided to 'fight for action' before they even thought about it. Screw PETA and Screw Bill Maher (the ugly guy on late night TV - he's all for PETA)
>>

LOL Bill Mahr is about as unbiased as hollywood. His show is a joke.

Kosugi

Jan 9, 2001

brxndxn,

You have problems. You need counseling. Trust me, anger management is calling your name.

Just some constructive criticism.

BooneRebel

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2001
Glad to see they're focusing their energies wisely. So instead of going after the commercial fishing industry, they're going to take policital action againt Billy and his baitcast rod? Give me a break!

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< brxndxn,

You have problems. You need counseling. Trust me, anger management is calling your name.

Just some constructive criticism.
>>

I disagree. Showing your anger is proven to be far better than holding it in. And he's also right on target with his comments.

palad

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2000
OT in OT:

<< Showing your anger is proven to be far better than holding it in. >>

I can't provide a link at the moment, but I have run across studies that prove just the opposite as well. They show that expressing anger leads to further outbursts and a lower tolerance for such situations. Just FYI. :)

Just found a link.

Linky.

Kosugi

Jan 9, 2001
Tex,

He also posted this:

An SUV pulled out in front of me in the rain yesterday and I screeched to a halt (coming within 5 inches of it) then my car slid into the right lane (in heavy traffic) and a truck almost hit my side. I was so mad because the SUV driver wouldn't even stop (I didn't know if I hit it or not - couldn't hear it cause' my tires were screeching so loud).. I was behind it at a red light actually thinking about beating the windows out with my trusty Mag Lite.. I was unbelievable mad.

If he is even 10% serious, he poses a threat to the community and himself.

Why himself? Alot of people carry weapons in their cars... I used to in my 20's. If he came at my car with a Mag Lite, he would have met my MagNum. Road rage is dangerous... I tend to be hyper-forgiving for just that reason.

351Cleveland

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Hmm... I think I am gonna get a T-shirt made up that uses the meat-eater's interpretation of PETA, which someone so wittingly posted earlier in this thread.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
I'm getting a little tired of groups like PETA telling me what I should and should not do. Don't get me wrong, if I ever see someone truly abusing an animal I'm likely to go medieval on them. But humanely killing an animal for food is entirely different. Is a fish suffering when you pull it out of the water? Sure it is. The bottom line is that fish live in nature. Nature is cruel. Fish and other animals are usually going to die painfully one way or another. You don't usually see old animals in nature. Why? Because before an animal reaches old age it is usually killed, ripped apart, and eaten by something else. Its not like fish die in their sleep of old age. In this case, the predators are boy scouts, perpetuating natural processes.

Now if boy scouts have a badge for catching a fish, cutting off its tail and then setting it free while its still alive, you might convince me that they are being cruel.