PETA on Crossfire CNN - Boycotting KFC

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
They're boycotting KFC...this is a near quote: "The chickens are being abused and are not being allowed to spend time with their families." The guy that's representing PETA was cracking me up because he sounded like an idiot. :p What a joke.

They have a website that I haven't checked out yet, but it's at http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Chickens are inquisitive and interesting animals and are thought to be at least as intelligent as dogs or cats. When in natural surroundings, not on factory farms, they form friendships and social hierarchies, recognize one another, love their young, and enjoy a full life, dust bathing, making nests, roosting in trees, and more.

Right......
rolleye.gif

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Do you suppose that guy ever actually watched a bunch of chickens for any length of time? Chickens were created to be fried, baked and bbq'd.

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Another Webpage dedicated to the stupidity that is PETA.

~wnied~

Broohaha

Banned
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
Do you suppose that guy ever actually watched a bunch of chickens for any length of time? Chickens were created to be fried, baked and bbq'd.

lol!

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
The concept of trying to prevent cruelty to animals is a noble one. PETA, however, consistently goes far beyond the bounds of reason, and because of this, they've lost my support and that of the mainstream public.

sniperbob

Oct 22, 2002
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
They're boycotting KFC...this is a near quote: "The chickens are being abused and are not being allowed to spend time with their families." The guy that's representing PETA was cracking me up because he sounded like an idiot. :p What a joke.

They have a website that I haven't checked out yet, but it's at http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

there's a hot deal on that site! free vegetarian starter kit!! ;)

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
The concept of trying to prevent cruelty to animals is a noble one. PETA, however, consistently goes far beyond the bounds of reason, and because of this, they've lost my support and that of the mainstream public.
Exactly. Their propaganda is as ludicrous as the anti-drug ads ("smoking weed causes gun deaths!"). Of course even if PETA started acting sanely they'd still have to pry the juicy flame-kissed top sirlion from my cold dead hands :)

Mmmm, steak.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: zer0burn
if he doesnt wanna eat it he doesnt have to, but leave everyone else alone...

But that's not what PETA is all about; their intention is to browbeat and intimidate everyone into following their views.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Can they breed chickens so they grow premarinated? Maybe splice some spice genes into their DNA. That would be cool.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
A creature made out of meat, covered in leather and pumping out milk - and we aren't supposed to help ourselves?

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Their propaganda is as ludicrous as the anti-drug ads ("smoking weed causes gun deaths!").

I like the new ads that are like "I don't believe drug money supports terrorism."
"Well you should."
"Why?"
"Because it's a fact."

Oh, ok then. Why didn't you say so before?

Tominator

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Can they breed chickens so they grow premarinated? Maybe splice some spice genes into their DNA. That would be cool.

They did breed chickens with six legs.....failure.....nobody could catch the damn things!

;)

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Beau
I really hope this is just propaganda. Food or not, that is just cruel.

No sh!t that's cruel. The fact is if you saw a lot of the actual way that some of the animals you eat are treated you wouldn't be so close-minded on the topic.

But many people like to pull out the same tired jokes (ie: why are they made out of meat) instead of owning up to the fact that there's no reason for some of the harsh treatment these animals endure whether they are going to be eaten or not.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
where was the cruelty in that video other than they tossing them in the boxes?

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
OK - the beaks was not very nice. How is "leaving the sick lying around" cruelty? Chickens are nasty dirty animals and regularly beat the crap out of each other. The guy making that film was probably in charge of taking care of it and left them there to make his film have more impact. Same with the corpses. Do you expect them to immediately whisk each dead animal out of the pen and give him a christian burial?

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Beau
Originally posted by: Mwilding
where was the cruelty in that video other than they tossing them in the boxes?

snipping the beaks, they way they were just leaving the dead around on the floor, and in buckets.

How is leaving a dead chicken in a bucket cruel? It'd dead, fer chrissakes! It can't feel anything if it's dead..