Pest Hole Government, Step 2

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Ofirst step was in setting up a pest hole government in Iraq was establishing the current governing council in Iraq. That's locked up and can't get anything done. Here's a Washington Post article on where it goes from here. New Council.

This is a three step process after the invasion: (1) We try to control things; (2) We quit and set up a nominal government; declaring our job done as we depart; (3) Locals overthrow our government and resume just as the were before we spent $200 billion.

VioletAura

Banned
Aug 28, 2003
Until now, however, the council has been deadlocked, partly because of demands by leaders of the majority Shiite Muslim community for national elections. If they vote in a bloc, they could dominate the constitutional process and, some Iraqis and U.S. officials fear, establish rule by Islamic law. The election option is backed by the Ayatollah Hussein Sistani, the most powerful Shiite cleric, who issued a call for all Shiite Muslims to support the vote.

Another example of why democracy won't work. Who do you think would give more support terrorist? The Islamic State of Outer Iran or the previous regime? The US excels at screwing itself.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: VioletAura
Until now, however, the council has been deadlocked, partly because of demands by leaders of the majority Shiite Muslim community for national elections. If they vote in a bloc, they could dominate the constitutional process and, some Iraqis and U.S. officials fear, establish rule by Islamic law. The election option is backed by the Ayatollah Hussein Sistani, the most powerful Shiite cleric, who issued a call for all Shiite Muslims to support the vote.

Another example of why democracy won't work. Who do you think would give more support terrorist? The Islamic State of Outer Iran or the previous regime? The US excels at screwing itself.

FORCED Democracy may never work..

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: VioletAura

But it's a 200 hundred billion dollar screwup courtesy of our Republican president.

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
You know, fortunately I don't have to answer for the Democrats any more. But I am supporting a candidate for president whose name rhymes with "Mean." Although Bush and the neocons did the Iraq thing, let's be sure to acknowledge all the Democrats who gave him a blank check to do it. And then those twits -- some of whom are running for president -- have the juevos to say, "Gee, I didn't know he'd do that."

Republicans, the good news is that I won't be voting for one of those Democrats that authorized the war. I'd rather go down in flames. No doubt I'll get my wish.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Bet the farm on it being true. Unless we send about 100,000 neurosurgeons into Iraq with the frozen brains of dead neo-cons (they do die, right?) to implant, the Middle East will be much worse thanks to Bush. Afghanistan is already little more than a collection of enclaves ruled by various mullahs, several of whom support the Taliban.

Why is this so hard for so many people to figure out? I guess they just want to believe that Presidents don't lie....er, well, maybe they are out shopping. :(

-Robert

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Out shopping, yeah.

Green alert = go shopping
Yellow alert = shop with caution
Red alert = shop on the internet

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Whitling:

Bwuahahaha!!! That's the best one I've seen all day! :) :)

Describes my wife to a tee.

-Robert