Persons Unknown. Are you watching because they said they will end it?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Persons Unknown:
Seven strangers discover that they are trapped in a deserted town with their every move being filmed.

NBC Mondays at 10pm.

The ads say that by the end of this summer series, all will be revealed.
As someone who feels let down when shows just end without any conclusion, due to cancellation, I thought if the network was making an effort to show it would conclude a show instead of leaving us hanging, I would watch it.

Tobolo

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
It was stupid as hell. But I will still watch it since its going to end.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
im not watching in because ive never head of it

however after hearing of it im not gonna watch it, sounds dumb

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
I missed the first episode and went online to see if it was available for viewing. Ran into this review from The Los Angeles Times.

"They all eye one another suspiciously and say things such as "How do I know you're not one of them?" until you may be forced to turn the sound off, which frankly does not hinder one's understanding of events as much as it should."

Ouch

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
I missed the first episode and went online to see if it was available for viewing. Ran into this review from The Los Angeles Times.

"They all eye one another suspiciously and say things such as "How do I know you're not one of them?" until you may be forced to turn the sound off, which frankly does not hinder one's understanding of events as much as it should."

Ouch
I did have some awkward moments. But it did have some wtf moments too.
I don't know if I would watch it regulary, but because I know there will be an ending, I am going to give it a second or maybe even a third epi to get going.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
the pilot started out ridiculously slow, but the second ep has actually been pretty enjoyable :thumbsup:

considering how little else is on tv this summer, it might be worth watching if you're stuck at home on a monday night.

Mike Gayner

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2007
I'm watching the pilot right now. Wow the acting is terrible and the dialog is unbelievably cliché. This show sucks so far.

monkey333

Apr 20, 2007
i caught say 5 min of the first show and watched the second half of show #2 and it's as if nothing progressed, seems slow to me...

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
I watched the first episode and I think they're trying way too hard to capture the Lost crowd, and it was too slow.

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
Tried to enjoy it ..... acting is terrible, premise is confusing.
I'll give it another watch, hopefully it will get better.

Mike Gayner

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2007
Yeah, seen the second episode and wont bother any more. Lame story, terrible acting, contrived dialog.

And someone tell Joe to either grow some real fucking facial hair or have a shave, because that patchy bumfluff on his face makes him look like a retard. Oh and someone tell that retard marine to stop calling everyone "sir", because that never made sense, not even the first time he said it. And he can stop using the word "recon" as well.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
the acting sucks, but the plot is interesting enough to get me to stick with it.

I like the concept of the mini-series. I think it leads to more interesting shows when a series starts out with a clearcut plot and arc resolution mapped out (as opposed to meandering on and stretching for time until being unceremoniously canceled mid-season)

Sophia

Apr 26, 2001
For the six people still watching, note that it's been rescheduled to Saturdays at 8pm Eastern starting the 17th.