Personal Cinema?

tcrosson

Oct 24, 1999
I suppose price, but why isn't anyone mating one with a Geforce4? I love my All-In-Wonder to death now that ATI has got there drivers together, but I hate having them clocked down so much. Does anyone know of a company producing the combo?

Atif

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Actually, there was a PR about this just released a few days ago here

Peace

Rand

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I sincerely hope nVidia's improved their Personal Cinema, I dealt with a few of their GF2 MX Personal Cinema boards and they were an absolute nightmare.
The driver implementation of the features were abhorrid, half the time they didnt work... and when they did work compatibility and quality was usually sub-standard.
Installation was unnecessarily difficult, and product documentation was pretty much non-existent.

I havent yet touched one of their GF4 based Personal Cinema boards, but based on past experiences I'd be very reluctant to trust them... and from what I've seen most on this board that have used them have a similar opinion.
They may have improved since then, but I'd be cautious.

FWIW, you may want to look into the AIW Radeon 8500 which is clocked at 275/275, the same as ATi's retail R8500.... rather then the 8500DV which is underclocked to 230/190.