Persona 5

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I have too many other games on backlog to do all of that, and I think P5 is unrelated to the others in terms of story, right? I might pick up an older one if it's remastered on PS4.

They're separate stories but there are a lot of easter eggs for fans of the series in Persona 5. For example when you first see a story about Akechi on the TV in LeBlanc they'll bring up Naoto Shiragane, who was the high school student / detective in Persona 4. When you go to the station in Shibuya you'll see posters of Rise Kujikawa (your lovers arcana teammate and pop idol from Persona 4) and Kanami Mashita (another pop idol from Persona 4 Dancing All Night). When you fix that laptop in Persona 5 you can order from Tanaka, who has a TV shopping channel you can order from in Persona 3 & 4.

I got my PS TV back when Gamestop was clearing them out for $30. I got the 3DS and PS2 mostly for the Shin Megami Tensei games. Shin Megami Tensei is the series Persona spun off from and they're straight dungeon crawlers, so none of the life sim / dating sim stuff from Persona. But the battles are way more interesting IMO.

Neither Persona 3 nor Persona 4 will likely ever get a PS4 remaster sadly. Mainly because Atlus never remasters a game without adding new content, and they have already done a Persona 4 remaster for the Vita/PSTV (eg Persona 4 Golden) and they have already released a second version of Persona 3: namely, Persona 3 FES which adds a 20-30 hour epilogue. Both 3 and 4 are great games with better stories and characters IMO, though the art style, music, and dungeons are better in Persona 5.

Chromagnus

Feb 28, 2017
I have too many other games on backlog to do all of that, and I think P5 is unrelated to the others in terms of story, right? I might pick up an older one if it's remastered on PS4.

They are thematically similar and there are easter eggs but yes they are unrelated. P4 was great and if you liked P5 you'll like P4. If they do ever re-release it I would highly recommend it.