Person Burned by Flaming Rum

D1gger

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
How is it Bacardi's fault that someone set their rum on fire and burned other people?

Another case of find the person/company with the deep pockets and file a lawsuit.

, Florida (AP) -- Two women have sued wine and spirit maker Bacardi, claiming they were seriously burned by flaming rum during a night out.

Agata Macierzynska is a friend of Danielle Alleyne, who had previously sued the company over an August 2002 incident at a Miami night club. Alleyne, of Miami, sued the company last week.

Both women say they suffered serious burns after being hit by the flaming rum and claim in their lawsuits that one of Bacardi's products is defective and dangerous. Both were filed in Miami-Dade County Circuit Court.

The Rest of the Story.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
This is the kind of stuff that makes me want to kill people.

Oops, I shouldn't have said that...

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
Originally posted by: D1gger

Both women say they suffered serious burns after being hit by the flaming rum and claim in their lawsuits that one of Bacardi's products is defective
It would be defective rum if it was not flammable.
and dangerous.
Alcohol, both ablaze and extinguished, is dangerous.

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Originally posted by: D1gger

Both women say they suffered serious burns after being hit by the flaming rum and claim in their lawsuits that one of Bacardi's products is defective
It would be defective rum if it was not flammable.
and dangerous.
Alcohol, both ablaze and extinguished, is dangerous.

You mean dangerous extinguished for someone like... say... Mel Gibson? :)

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
If this gets settled and the women make money, I'm suing every single aerosol based products company for their products being flammable. I can make BILLIONS!

Jul 1, 2000
It is an unavoidably dangerous product. If it were tainted rum that poisoned them... there is a claim. Here's the rum was set ablaze. It did its job.

Perhaps they should sue the dolt that spilled flaming rum on them.

D1gger

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2004
Originally posted by: DevilsAdvocate
It is an unavoidably dangerous product. If it were tainted rum that poisoned them... there is a claim. Here's the rum was set ablaze. It did its job.

Or the idiot that stuck the flaming menu in the stream of rum being poured out of the bottle.

Pikachu

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Tort Reform
  • "Tort Reform" is a very partisan issue. At both the state and national levels, Republicans overwhelmingly support tort reform and Democrats oppose it.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
oh my god. i hate these stupid lawsuits. these women should be thrown ina pool full of rum then set on fire.

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Originally posted by: DevilsAdvocate

I agree, but isn't the first rule of suit filing is go after the party with the money? In this case, they've got their eyes on the Bacardi company coffers.