perseverance rover landing on mars - today 2/18

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Has Malvin shown up yet?

Nope...but Marvin stopped by to check the oil and clean the windshield.

61tWEBN29oL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Reactions: Dave_5k and dawp

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Does that mean six more weeks of winter?
On Mars? I'd guess at least six decades of winter. Probably more unless Elon Musk gets really serious about terraforming.

• Haha
Reactions: dawp

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Just occurred to me that for billions of years Mars was untouched by any life form and only recently did humans decide to start dumping garbage on it.
Oh well.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
When stuff like this happens, it makes me realize just how truly unintelligent I am. I can't imagine the brain power that makes something like this a reality.
just remember it's never one person - it's armies of engineers and technicians and manufacturing personnel that all make this happen collectively.

that being said, i too am a dunce :p

Reactions: Pohemi

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
just remember it's never one person - it's armies of engineers and technicians and manufacturing personnel that all make this happen collectively.

that being said, i too am a dunce :p

Well, right. I know it's lots of people. But I'm guessing even the janitors in that place hold PHDs from Berkley or Oxford or something.
And if you're a dunce, and you're smarter than me (certainly in POE stuff) then, I'm the Eric Trump of this forum!

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Well, right. I know it's lots of people. But I'm guessing even the janitors in that place hold PHDs from Berkley or Oxford or something.
And if you're a dunce, and you're smarter than me (certainly in POE stuff) then, I'm the Eric Trump of this forum!

path of exile? :D my coffee has not kicked in yet and i'm putting together a set of microscope photos for higher ups, heh.

• Haha
Reactions: dawp and Pohemi

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
path of exile? :D my coffee has not kicked in yet and i'm putting together a set of microscope photos for higher ups, heh.

HA! See how unintelligent I am (and I too am lacking from coffee). I didn't look at the name and only the picture and my brain confused you with @rstrohkirch who is my POE mentor.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
When stuff like this happens, it makes me realize just how truly unintelligent I am. I can't imagine the brain power that makes something like this a reality.
Hey we pay the taxes that make this happen. So we get a small claim to it too.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Just one question. Why do the pictures seem to be looking through a porthole? I mean rectangular pictures have been a things since like the beginning of photography. How long has it been since there were round CRT's, let alone CRTs.