Perma Block FedEx?

Nov 17, 2019
Is there a way to permanently block FedEx from accepting packages to your address? Ideally any seller, merchant or company of any kind would get a message refusing to accept your address.

'We do not accept packages to be shipped to this address'.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
Need more context?

You might be able to redirect packages using Fedex Delivery Manager (?) but I've never used it.

Reactions: Charmonium

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Is there a way to permanently block FedEx from accepting packages to your address? Ideally any seller, merchant or company of any kind would get a message refusing to accept your address.

'We do not accept packages to be shipped to this address'.
Because you don't want FedEx to deliver any item you buy online, or because someone is buying things and sending them via FedEx to your home?

Nov 17, 2019
No context needed. I do not want FedEx to ever carry another package addressed to me. I do not want shippers to even be able to enter my address on a FedEx web form.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
You could try exposing yourself in a lewd manner when FedEx arrives. I'm sure after a few times they would put you on the do-not-deliver list.

8EOL.gif

That would probably work.....unless the drivers happened to be into that sort of thing. Then the OP might get extra visits.

OP: Do you live on some isolated compound somewhere out in Montana? o_O

15023715_0.jpg

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Shippers don't care if you want Fed-Ex or not. They opt for the cheapest shipping option to your address.
Correct. OP would probably need to confirm with vendors that they do not use FedEx before making a purchase.

Reactions: Mermaidman

Motostu

Oct 5, 2020
No answer, but I've had issues with them myself where I'd almost prefer they not be used (where it's an option to choose, I'll pick something else now). Not sure what your issue is, but mine is they keep leaving our packages under a bush near the sidewalk, well in view of the street. Our house is 300+ feet away, down a hill. It should be common sense not to do that, but the driver for our area has been doing this for about 5 months now. I've called to complain several times, and the customer service rep even has pictures from the driver showing where it was left. I tell them over and over again that it's unacceptable and the just keep saying there's nothing they can do about it. BS in my opinion, but I had them on the line for a good half-hour the last time, and still couldn't make any headway. And of course, there's no way to call the local fedex office.

Nov 17, 2019
The point is to make sure no shipper can even enter my address on any FedEx address form. Shippers would be automatically forced to use another carrier of cancel the shipment/order.

If one got in somehow, FedEx would be required to return the package to the shipper.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
The point is to make sure no shipper can even enter my address on any FedEx address form. Shippers would be automatically forced to use another carrier of cancel the shipment/order.

If one got in somehow, FedEx would be required to return the package to the shipper.

The best you are going to be able to do is sign up for Fedex Delivery Manager and see if any of the features work for you.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to do that. You could in theory deny them entry to the property somehow (not aware how) but then if someone ships via Fedex you won't get the package. If whatever method you are buying from has a way to contact the seller before you buy you would need to specify not to use Fedex, but even then, I don't think that is 100% because it might still be transferred to them at the border.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
no you do not, there's a few can come on your property without your permission including utility companies

anyways from a quick search people have been blacklisted by fedex, but they are not sure how it happened

~As far as why you were banned i dont think anyone here would have a clue. Usually a station ban is used for extreme circumstaces ie someone pointing a gun at a driver or multiple dog attacks.

others speculate hurling racial epithets at people will get you blacklisted as well....

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I don't need jokes or whatever other nonsense.

I need a legal and binding way to make sure they never under any cicumstances carry another product addressed to me.
Well you often post nonsense, so nonsense you will get. You are the guy who had a computer issue and refused to restart your computer because it wasn't scheduled. ;)

Seriously, when you order something, make sure it is retailer that let you select which shipping company it is delivered by. There's not many that do that, but there are a few who do if you insist on your constant delusional issues.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
They will blacklist you for having aggresive dogs or abusing their employees, that's usually the only way, unless you happen to actually get through to management.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Shippers don't care if you want Fed-Ex or not. They opt for the cheapest shipping option to your address.
There are a few good vendors that will let you specify a preferred carrier. For example at backcountry.com there's a permanent note in my account to use USPS or UPS and they say it's about 95% reliable. If I message them right after I place an order and requests my preferred carriers, It's virtually 100% guaranteed.

If you don't want to check with the vendor who they ship with beforehand, at least message them after the order and ask if they use various vendors and if you can select the preferred carrier.

The regular FedEx ground by me is the worst. Sometimes they don't ring the bell, they won't Read a giant note on the front door addressed FedEx, and they leave packages on my doorstep which is right on a busy sidewalk. Package theft.

The faster shipping FedEx is fine that guy is responsible. I think the ground are all contractors and they're all the worst, at least around here.

Reactions: Pohemi
Nov 17, 2019
I've scratched out a letter and plan on handing it to the station personnel next time I go into town. If I can find a Fax number for corporate, I'll send one there too.

I know the Sheriff here and will ask if he'll consider signing it also. I don't know if he legally can.

I have Delivery Manager and will edit the delivery Instructions section to return all packages.

If that Reddit thread is recent, I may look into it.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Please tell me you are not one of those sovereign citizen morans...

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I just have to know what would drive a person to want to permantly ban Fedex from delivering stuff to them?

I know the Sheriff here.....

Based on all your posts here over the years, that's not surprising. You've always seemed like such a positive ray of sunshine here. :cool: