Performance Ram- Any truth to it?

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004

gscone

Nov 24, 2004
I guess what I am asking for is if I were to change my current memory to a higher performance product- would I see significant performance improvements? I was looking at the following product: Crucial HyperX Ram

California Roll

Nov 8, 2004
Originally posted by: gscone
I guess what I am asking for is if I were to change my current memory to a higher performance product- would I see significant performance improvements? I was looking at the following product: Crucial HyperX Ram

No, you wouldn't.

If you're trying for a higher overclock and your current ram is holding you back, by all means try out higher rated ram.

Outside of that, replacing your current ram will give you a minuscule to zero performance improvement. It won't give you a single extra FPS in games. If you're looking for "significant" performance improvements, RAM isn't where you should be looking.

gscone

Nov 24, 2004
Originally posted by: California Roll
Originally posted by: gscone

No, you wouldn't.

If you're trying for a higher overclock and your current ram is holding you back, by all means try out higher rated ram.

Outside of that, replacing your current ram will give you a minuscule to zero performance improvement. It won't give you a single extra FPS in games. If you're looking for "significant" performance improvements, RAM isn't where you should be looking.

Thanks for the info!!!