performance exhausts

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: OS
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
Originally posted by: rh71
Originally posted by: DougK62
Originally posted by: AMDUALY
Originally posted by: fbrdphreak
On your Rodeo?

If you're going to do an exhaust, do the intake as well. Exhaust+intake will be pretty expensive and net you at MOST 10-20HP, but that really depends on the engine and how much it benefits.

Frankly I'd find a junkyard stock exhaust or something and move on. Performance exhausts can cost a lot depending on what parts you need for relatively little benefit.

intake + HEADERS + exhaust will be the best

intake + headers + heads + exhaust would be better...and on and on...

How far do you want to go OP? You will see no benefit from just get a "performance exhaust".

on a feckin' rodeo?!:confused:

Are you people out of your minds?!
Don't be hatin' on my Rodeo. It's still solid after 11 years and after that long I just wanted a change of some sort.

<---looks outside window and sees '95 rodeo.

Dude, I drive one all the time......I would NEVER DREAM of putting perforamce parts in it....

now what fun would the world be if everyone lived like anandtechers?

?

The dam nthing is fun as hell jsut like it is..why do you guys have to ruin it by making it sound like French Horn or a faling Air Conditioner:(

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
The dam nthing is fun as hell jsut like it is..why do you guys have to ruin it by making it sound like French Horn or a faling Air Conditioner:(
If it was just about the noise then I wouldn't have started this thread.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001

my point is that the car feels pretty balanced and performacne gains aren't,...

ah wahtever.....do what you want....I liek mine the way it is...

NaOH

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006

I'm getting tired of all these highly opinionated exhaust comments. To each his own, but A LOT of people don't share that opinion of cheap ass ebay "fart cans" and exhaust pipes that sound like a french horn (wtf) stereotype applied to ALL EXHAUSTS...

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
A V6 Rodeo shouldn't "fart" with a performance exhaust. It should have the typical V6 growl, which actually can be kind of cool. However, I would still recommend just replacing it with a stock exhaust. Not enough ponies under that hood, especially with all those miles. It would just be an embarassing noisemaker.

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
Dude, just go stock. You will see no gains from a "performance exhaust". If you really want to waste the extra money, just send it to me, and I'll send you a whistle tip, so you whistles will go wooooooooooooo!

NaOH

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Vic
A V6 Rodeo shouldn't "fart" with a performance exhaust. It should have the typical V6 growl, which actually can be kind of cool. However, I would still recommend just replacing it with a stock exhaust. Not enough ponies under that hood, especially with all those miles. It would just be an embarassing noisemaker.

exhausts are meant to create more performance....Not just make noise if you already have it...
sigh...

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

I'm getting tired of all these highly opinionated exhaust comments. To each his own, but A LOT of people don't share that opinion of cheap ass ebay "fart cans" and exhaust pipes that sound like a french horn (wtf) stereotype applied to ALL EXHAUSTS...

Uh yeah... I have the Prodrive exhaust on my WRX and that's a thing of wonder and beauty. No one mistakes that for a fartcan.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

exhausts are meant to create more performance....Not just make noise if you already have it...
sigh...

I think that was my point.

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003

sigh...

BTW no exhaust in the world "creates" performance. Exhausts have the ability to unlesh it, but it was there all along.

NaOH

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006

sigh...

Read your own post again.

NaOH

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Unheard

sigh...

BTW no exhaust in the world "creates" performance. Exhausts have the ability to unlesh it, but it was there all along.

Bad use of the word create on my part but if you think that a stock exhaust was made in mind to get the most out of an engine then you are wrong. That was my point. Since he said that the engine did not have enough horses to warrant an exhaust.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001

sigh...

agreed.

Sorry about my bias folks...it jsut that I was driving in a car that my step-brother had added really nice preformance exhaust to ($$$) and I nearly went death from it...

<---plays the violin and has realized ever sine he got rid of that car how bad his hearing has gotten:(

I will, however, sacrifice my ears for a Lingenfelter or a Ferrari...oh..gosh..or a ZONDA:heart:

NaOH

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006

sigh...

agreed.

Sorry about my bias folks...it jsut that I was driving in a car that my step-brother had added really nice preformance exhaust to ($$$) and I nearly went death from it...

<---plays the violin and has realized ever sine he got rid of that car how bad his hearing has gotten:(

I will, however, sacrifice my ears for a Lingenfelter or a Ferrari...oh..gosh..or a ZONDA:heart:

To each his own, that is all I say. :heart:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

sigh...

I don't have to. Performance exhausts never create more performance on their own (except for maybe a very minimal horsepower increase). Without supporting mods, they always just make noise.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001

sigh...

I don't have to. Performance exhausts never create more performance on their own (except for maybe a very minimal horsepower increase). Without supporting mods, they always just make noise.

more air flow = more friction

more air into the intake mix = equals better combustion

women=evil

oh wait:eek:

bigfil

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2004
intake - headers - new high flow catalytic convertor - high perf exhaust
gogogo
hehe

better yet just call overhaulin and let them take care of ya

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..all a waste of money and adds to existing noise pollution.