Perfection or no perfection?

KyleGates

Oct 19, 2004
Until now all but a few of my PCs have used CRTs. The two LCDs I do own are 15" and they are perfect pixel-wise. Today I got my Dell 24" WFP2407....its huge and beautiful. But, in the middle of the screen, I have a pixel that is stuck red. Its not the worst thing in the world but it is pretty noticable. So, should I exchange it for another or is it impossible to get a screen this big without imperfections?

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
As far as I understand it (not far) a pixel stuck on a color is better than a pixel which doesn't work at all, and you may be able to 'unstick' it with software.

KyleGates

Oct 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Atheus
As far as I understand it (not far) a pixel stuck on a color is better than a pixel which doesn't work at all, and you may be able to 'unstick' it with software.

Unstick it? Yer kiddin me! Had no idea such software existed.......What kind of software are you speaking of?

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
Originally posted by: KyleGates
Originally posted by: Atheus

Unstick it? Yer kiddin me! Had no idea such software existed.......What kind of software are you speaking of?

Google 'stuck pixel', there are various programs.

There are also tricks to do with putting pressure on it and such - I take no responsibility if you try this...

KyleGates

Oct 19, 2004
Well, the "pixel fixers" out there didnt help so I had Dell send me another......it has one too. My bro has one of these screens and its perfect so I know they exist....dunno WHAT to do now :(:(

w00t

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2004
I've heard of people using an eraser to lightly rub the lcd in the spot with the stuck pixel to fix it.

KyleGates

Oct 19, 2004
Yeah, I tried the "pressue" method but am not so keen on usin a forigen object on the screen. BUT, Dell is sending me yet another replacement so...maybe ill get a good one one day.