Per the President he wasn’t kidding when he said slow the testing down

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
The article in post 95 is different. It doesnt confirm closing test centers. It does say, however, "The White House had initially planned to end funding to the sites in April by “transitioning to state-managed sites,” but reversed the plan after receiving bipartisan pushback from Congress."

Yes it does though. It says funding for the sites will end on June 30. In fact, both previously linked articles say that. So the fact this is happening has been linked in this thread since page 1.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Reading the article, it looks like yes, the WH ordered this study cancelled, but it appears to be mired in conspiracy theories and other complications. Not sure what this has to do with testing though.

the fuck does that mean?

that the absolute scientific relevance of studying the relation of virus transference between bats and humans is somehow questionable...because some droolers in a trailer park in Oklahoma want to believe it is so, just as they equally believe the water stain on their wall is Jesus speaking to them?

why the hell should nonsense of absolutely no scientific relevance, that threatens legitimate research that is crucial for human health, ever be impacted or influenced in any way by the the type of nonsense that only ever seeps out of the base of rightwing insanity? And yeah...this isn't fringe. this is the base of the rightwing now. Has been since before even Trump captured their brains. The fact that Trump is informed by this insanity and makes decisions based on what these sociopaths think is a threat to humanity.

Reactions: hal2kilo

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
YOU KNOW...
Sadly enough, it would be a shame if a vaccine was created in short fashion, a vaccine that actually worked because having a vaccine would let Trump off the hook for his piss-poor handling of this pandemic. Trump has totally screwed up phase one of the pandemic and it looks like Trump will screw up phase two even more. Having a vaccine would allow Trump to get away with his incredibly screwed up handling of this entire pandemic tragedy and could thus wipe away from historical account all of the deaths which Donald Trump is responsible for.

SO we had well over 100,000 deaths from pandemic phase one and probably will experience twice as many deaths from pandemic phase two because in this phase two Donald Trump is more hard headed and more in denial than with phase one. NOW... Trump doesn't even care if people go back out into society and resurge the virus all over again. This time, Trump doesn't even care AND.... has actually made taking precautions as a BAD THING FOR PEOPLE TO DO. Now, masks are suddenly considered political. Considering their risks to others is no longer a concern of young people, and that too you can thank Donald Trump for. Now, Trump wants people to go out and risk their life and more so risk the lives of those more in danger of the virus. It would be a shame to have a vaccine come along at this point and wipe away the reality of the incompetence from this orange fat bastard. Vaccine or no vaccine, WE CAN NOT allow Donald Trump to come out of this pandemic nightmare squeaky clean. THAT would add tragedy on top of tragedy.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
the fuck does that mean?

that the absolute scientific relevance of studying the relation of virus transference between bats and humans is somehow questionable...because some droolers in a trailer park in Oklahoma want to believe it is so, just as they equally believe the water stain on their wall is Jesus speaking to them?

why the hell should nonsense of absolutely no scientific relevance, that threatens legitimate research that is crucial for human health, ever be impacted or influenced in any way by the the type of nonsense that only ever seeps out of the base of rightwing insanity? And yeah...this isn't fringe. this is the base of the rightwing now. Has been since before even Trump captured their brains. The fact that Trump is informed by this insanity and makes decisions based on what these sociopaths think is a threat to humanity.

Oh I agree with your assessment of most of the Republican base. Thats why Im an independent. Both sides of the aisle are crazy as fuck, but on different issues. Whether one side is crazier than the other is irrelevant to me. I would be embarrassed to call myself a D or an R.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
YOU KNOW...
Sadly enough, it would be a shame if a vaccine was created in short fashion, a vaccine that actually worked because having a vaccine would let Trump off the hook for his piss-poor handling of this pandemic. Trump has totally screwed up phase one of the pandemic and it looks like Trump will screw up phase two even more. Having a vaccine would allow Trump to get away with his incredibly screwed up handling of this entire pandemic tragedy and could thus wipe away from historical account all of the deaths which Donald Trump is responsible for.

SO we had well over 100,000 deaths from pandemic phase one and probably will experience twice as many deaths from pandemic phase two because in this phase two Donald Trump is more hard headed and more in denial than with phase one. NOW... Trump doesn't even care if people go out back into society and resurge the virus all over again. This time, Trump doesn't even care AND.... has actually make taking precautions as a BAD THING FOR PEOPLE TO DO. Now, masks are suddenly considered political. Considering their risks to others is no longer a concern of young people, and that too you can thank Donald Trump for. Now, Trump wants people to go out and risk their life and more so risk the lives of those more in danger of the virus. It would be a shame to have a vaccine come along at this point and wipe away the reality of the incompetence from this orange fat bastard. Vaccine or no vaccine, WE CAN NOT allow Donald Trump to come out of this pandemic nightmare squeaky clean. THAT would add tragedy on top of tragedy.

So you would like to see MORE deaths because of spite?

Yikes.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Well, if you're not into Tarantino, it may not hit the spot ;).
Oh, I dig Fargo (edit: I meant to say Pulp Fiction), Jackie Brown, Reservoir Dogs. I bought Kill Bill (1 and 2), watched them once, didn't get off... should try again. I. Basterds, well, I can see that he played his audience's proclivities, shall we say. Threw in a ton of bad words and bullets, some sadism red meat to his audience. I suppose it was a blood lusty and less self-censored version of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Let's just say I wasn't moved.

Last edited:
Reactions: JEDIYoda

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
YOU KNOW...

SO we had well over 100,000 deaths from pandemic phase one and probably will experience twice as many deaths from pandemic phase two because in this phase two Donald Trump is more hard headed and more in denial than with phase one. NOW... Trump doesn't even care if people go back out into society and resurge the virus all over again. This time, Trump doesn't even care AND.... has actually made taking precautions as a BAD THING FOR PEOPLE TO DO. Now, masks are suddenly considered political. Considering their risks to others is no longer a concern of young people, and that too you can thank Donald Trump for. Now, Trump wants people to go out and risk their life and more so risk the lives of those more in danger of the virus. It would be a shame to have a vaccine come along at this point and wipe away the reality of the incompetence from this orange fat bastard. Vaccine or no vaccine, WE CAN NOT allow Donald Trump to come out of this pandemic nightmare squeaky clean. THAT would add tragedy on top of tragedy.
Trump will be dumped before a vaccine is available. His legacy will be that of a fat fuck debunked.

A vaccine won't arrive like a knight in shining armor. Any vaccine (there are over a 100 in development, testing) will arrive after the election that will topple the would be dictator, in actuality a man who promised to MAGA but in reality did all in his power to destroy America.

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Trump will be dumped before a vaccine is available. His legacy will be that of a fat fuck debunked.

A vaccine won't arrive like a knight in shining armor. Any vaccine (there are over a 100 in development, testing) will arrive after the election that will topple the would be dictator, in actuality a man who promisted to MAGA but in reality did all in his power to destroy America.

A month before election date, looking at a vaccine half baked, 50/50, may work, may fuck up in spectacular fashion and bring on the zombie apocalypse, how does that equation compute in Trumps brain?

Trump : I am already fucked, what do I have to lose?

If there is even a hint of something that might work, he will find a way to fast track it.

Wait for it.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Oh, I dig Fargo, Jackie Brown, Reservoir Dogs. I bought Kill Bill (1 and 2), watched them once, didn't get off... should try again. I. Basterds, well, I can see that he played his audience's proclivities, shall we say. Threw in a ton of bad words and bullets, some sadism red meat to his audience. I suppose it was a blood lusty and less self-censored version of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Let's just say I wasn't moved.
Fargo no. He ruined the song "Stuck in the middle with you" forever. Can't watch the Dog movie.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Fargo no. He ruined the song "Stuck in the middle with you" forever. Can't watch the Dog movie.
My bad. Fargo was Coen Bros. I meant to say Pulp Fiction.

Um, I think the whole dang movie (Fargo) can be seen/heard as tongue in cheek. I'd have to say it's my favorite Coen Bros. flick. I haven't seen it in a while, but it's always worked for me:

05/25/2012
03/04/2006
06/08/2005
06/21/2000
06/11/1996

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Yawn!!

During his Tulsa rally last weekend, President Trump said the quiet part out loud, confessing that he sees coronavirus testing as a political threat and wants to diminish America’s caseload by doing a worse job of measuring it. “Testing is a double edged sword,” Trump told the sparse Oklahoma crowd. “Here’s the bad part. When you do testing…. you will find more cases. So I said to my people, ‘Slow the testing down, please.’”
After a gaslighty news cycle in which top deputies insisted that Trump was being facetious, Trump clarified, “I don’t kid,” and even expanded his thinking on Twitter: “Cases up only because of our big number testing.”
Despite — or perhaps because of — these shameful numbers, the administration is following through on Trump’s orders to slow down testing. The Department of Health and Human Services has announced it will pull funding from more than a dozen drive-through testing sites across five states, including Texas, at the end of the month.

Feb 4, 2009
Yawn!!

During his Tulsa rally last weekend, President Trump said the quiet part out loud, confessing that he sees coronavirus testing as a political threat and wants to diminish America’s caseload by doing a worse job of measuring it. “Testing is a double edged sword,” Trump told the sparse Oklahoma crowd. “Here’s the bad part. When you do testing…. you will find more cases. So I said to my people, ‘Slow the testing down, please.’”
After a gaslighty news cycle in which top deputies insisted that Trump was being facetious, Trump clarified, “I don’t kid,” and even expanded his thinking on Twitter: “Cases up only because of our big number testing.”
Despite — or perhaps because of — these shameful numbers, the administration is following through on Trump’s orders to slow down testing. The Department of Health and Human Services has announced it will pull funding from more than a dozen drive-through testing sites across five states, including Texas, at the end of the month.

I'll answer for him again.
This is just saying Governors need to pay for it if they want the testing. This has nothing to do with less testing.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I'll answer for him again.
This is just saying Governors need to pay for it if they want the testing. This has nothing to do with less testing.

Not to mention those states are receiving federal funds for coronavirus testing. The y just arent funding those particular sites directly.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Not to mention those states are receiving federal funds for coronavirus testing. The y just arent funding those particular sites directly.

So trumps admin is outright admitting reducing testing by defunding, a very common tactic. Sounds exactly like what you're saying you'd have a.problem with. Seems like Trump was serious after all and took action.

He did the same thing to PA, pulled funding.when started to show numbers making the Trump admins pathetic leadership look "bad". Protip, they already did, lol.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
Did they increase funding to states for testing to compensate?

I’ll answer it for him:

They (the States) were already given money to set up test sites it’s their problem if they didn’t.

BTW Earlier I read the Senator from Texas with the ugly wife and whose Dad had something to do with the Kennedy Assassination asked or pleaded to keep the federal testing sites open.

**Yes, the President has said the above about Ted Cruz.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Lets simplify so we can look at this.

Widgets cost $1 each.
I give you $100 to buy widgets.
I also give you 10 widgets a month free.
Then after 3 months I take away the 10 free widgets.

On Month 4 do you think that you will have:
A. More Widgets then on month 3
B. Less Widgets then on month 3
C. The same amount of Widgets on month 3.

The fact is no one is even close to the amount of testing we need, and at this point that mostly has to do with cost.
If the states had the political will, or economic budget, to spend more on testing they would already be doing so.
So, every dollar the Federal government removes from testing is a test that is not being done.
Less testing funding = slow down testing.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Lets simplify so we can look at this.

Widgets cost $1 each.
I give you $100 to buy widgets.
I also give you 10 widgets a month free.
Then after 3 months I take away the 10 free widgets.

On Month 4 do you think that you will have:
A. More Widgets then on month 3
B. Less Widgets then on month 3
C. The same amount of Widgets on month 3.

The fact is no one is even close to the amount of testing we need, and at this point that mostly has to do with cost.
If the states had the political will, or economic budget, to spend more on testing they would already be doing so.
So, every dollar the Federal government removes from testing is a test that is not being done.
Less testing funding = slow down testing.

I liked how @blackangst1 tried to tell @Fanatical Meat that he was either stupid or trolling,lol.