People who wear sunglasses at night - shouldn't they be executed?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: Tiamat
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
Originally posted by: virtualgames0
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212
who the fvck cares.
People who get bothered by stuff like this and whine about it should be executed.

People who whine about people whining should be executed!

But not before people who whine about people whining about people whining.

Kill them all! Let the FSM sort them out!

:confused:

What does the flying spagetti monster have to do with this?
I'm using FSM as a substitue for God.

You've never heard the phrase "Kill 'em all and let God sort them out?" :confused:

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Just ask him why hes wearing sunglasses indoors at night (in a condescending tone). He'll probably feel like an idiot and take them off.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Abel007
:music:I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
Watch you weave
Then breathe your story lines
And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
Keep track of the visions in my eyes:music:

Thank goodness. I was scared this thread would it 2 pages with no Corey Hart references.

keeleysam

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2005
Originally posted by: K1052
"Why do you wear sunglasses at night?"

"Because when you're cool, the sun shines on you 24 hours a day"

Anyone who knows where that is from gets a cookie.

My Science Project

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: keeleysam
Originally posted by: K1052
"Why do you wear sunglasses at night?"

"Because when you're cool, the sun shines on you 24 hours a day"

Anyone who knows where that is from gets a cookie.

My Science Project

:cookie: for you sir!

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
No. But maybe people who think people who wear sunglasses at night indoors should be executed, should be executed.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
who the fvck cares.
People who get bothered by stuff like this and whine about it should be executed.

People who whine about People who whine about people whining should be executed!

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
That was during the day.
Blind people also wear them at night. It isn't to block the sun, but instead to look more natural to those who don't know they are blind.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
My roommate has a house guest over from Germany and he's just a little self absorbed little twirp. The most annoying thing he does is wear sunglesses indoors, at night! So, does anyone else support a national effort to gather these people up and ship them to camps where they will be executed using giant U.V. lamps?

He's from Europe. People wear sun glasses at night for style, not to keep the damn sun out of their eyes. Europeans generally have a lot more style than Americans, and different as well. Give him a break.

Figures someone on ATOT has no clue about style though ...

I hate when people bash others and make fun of them becausee they do something different than them that has absolutely 0 affect on them.

keeleysam

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2005
Originally posted by: dullard
That was during the day.
Blind people also wear them at night. It isn't to block the sun, but instead to look more natural to those who don't know they are blind.

Well no sh!t, but the video was of him during the day.

Maybe at night he goes home.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Ooooh, what if he's a vampire? You should probably put a stake through his heart, cut off his head, and stuff his mouth with garlic just to be on the safe side.

T9D

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
Well you shouldn't just assume so much.

I have a very severe sleep disorder. And my Doctor had me wear sunglasses as soon as the sun went down. So my body would have more of a distinct day/night cycle.

And I know other people who have very sensitive eyes and get headaches and things from some artificial lights.

Point being.... dont be an arse to people before you know exactly whats up :)

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Well no sh!t, but the video was of him during the day.

Maybe at night he goes home.
I'm sorry that I didn't have a short and funny video to post of a blind person at night to post in this thread. Maybe if I search longer I can find one. It doesn't change my point that some people legitimately wear sunglasses at night.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
That is a pet peeve of mine. That and people who wear them indoors and especially when talking to you directly without taking them off. I used to work in a business where I dealt with customers face to face and it always irked me when the customers would come in with sunglasses on and leave them on the entire time. I like to look people in the eyes when I'm talking to them and personally, I find it a little insulting when people don't make eye contact by hiding behind their glasses. Makes me a little suspicious of them. :|

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
..I wear rayban ambermatics at night because of all the flame thrower headlights these days. They lighten up at night but do a good job preserving my night vision when an overlamped ricer blows by.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
That is a pet peeve of mine. That and people who wear them indoors and especially when talking to you directly without taking them off. I used to work in a business where I dealt with customers face to face and it always irked me when the customers would come in with sunglasses on and leave them on the entire time. I like to look people in the eyes when I'm talking to them and personally, I find it a little insulting when people don't make eye contact by hiding behind their glasses. Makes me a little suspicious of them. :|

Were you a saleman?

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
Originally posted by: purbeast0
My roommate has a house guest over from Germany and he's just a little self absorbed little twirp. The most annoying thing he does is wear sunglesses indoors, at night! So, does anyone else support a national effort to gather these people up and ship them to camps where they will be executed using giant U.V. lamps?

He's from Europe. People wear sun glasses at night for style, not to keep the damn sun out of their eyes. Europeans generally have a lot more style than Americans, and different as well. Give him a break.

Figures someone on ATOT has no clue about style though ...

I hate when people bash others and make fun of them becausee they do something different than them that has absolutely 0 affect on them.

How is wearing sunglasses indoors at night stylish? Ive seen people who wear them out to clubs/bars at night, which doesnt bother me a whole lot, but who the hell just sits around their apartment at night wearing sunglasses.

clickynext

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Majesty
I do, sometimes, wear my sunglasses at nights on the highways. I can't stand the twerps that either have their night bulbs on all the time or the ones blinding people with their halogen or xenon bulbs.

Some of those lights are pretty bright out there, but won't the sunglasses make it too dark at night?