People thought girlfriend and I were celebrities...[pix enclosed]

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Can't vouch for myself but I'd have to agree my girlfriend is more than pretty enough to be confused as a "celebrity". Anyways, we went to dinner at the CN Tower 360 Restaurant and had a blast. I had bought my girlfriend for her bday a kickass blouse and skirt combo that was just eye candy for me for the whole night, and she had gone out to get her hair done. So I guess her looking at her best...people thought she looked like a celebrity. We had a good laugh when the waiter told us that people - more specifically guys (first thing that comes to mind is "nya nya she's with me boys!") - thought we were in town for the Film Festival.

Anyway, enough of that...it's cool when people think you're famous...we got kickass service. First off, we were rushed into the elevators to get to the restaurant and didn't have to wait in line. When we got to the restaurant, there were about 40 people waiting and all I heard when I got off was "Paul I'll take you to your table now"...much to the dismay of the people who had been waiting for a long time. We got a great waiter who was the BEST waiter I've ever had in a restaurant. My glass was never empty of water and my champagne was served at optimal temperature in proper glasses and of an excellent type (had the waiter choose), the food was delivered on time, his order suggestions were superb, and he just had a really great personality and stopped to chat with us from time to time - explaining little oddities that my girlfriend and I found amusing...like the 10,000 bottles of wine/champagne/liquor that are stored in the CN Tower..yummmmm!

If any of you ever visit Toronto, I highly recommend this restaurant. The food was absolutely spectacular...I had a steak that was not of the same cut as usual steaks you buy (i.e. not T-bone or anything). It was so juicy and tender and tasty...geez I'm sounding like Homer Simpson now;) The service is great on top of that and you get a spectacular view of the city, some thousand or so feet up in the air. Plus the restaurant actually revolves so that you get to see the whole city - not too fast mind you...it takes 72 minutes to do a revolution.

That's my promo for today...I'm still stuffed I can't eat breakfast and probably not lunch or dinner either.

-GL

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
you can't tell us that and not have a pic. Get her into that dress again and tell her you want a pic of her to keep (make sure you get her in that dress) but anything else will do :)

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
=)

just a smile for ya GL. no lewd thoughts or nothin''

okay, here's an awwwww, how cute...!!

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
No pictures of last night (developed at least...we took pix but it was really dark in the restaurant). School pix are never the best, but what the hey...here's a school picture of my girlfriend.

I'm hosting that off my home firewall, so if it doesn't work go blame the cable company for switching IPs.

-GL

RaDragon

Diamond Member
May 23, 2000

<< Anyway, enough of that...it's cool when people think you're famous...we got kickass service. First off, we were rushed into the elevators to get to the restaurant and didn't have to wait in line. When we got to the restaurant, there were about 40 people waiting and all I heard when I got off was &quot;Paul I'll take you to your table now&quot;...much to the dismay of the people who had been waiting for a long time. We got a great waiter who was the BEST waiter I've ever had in a restaurant. My glass was never empty of water and my champagne was served at optimal temperature in proper glasses and of an excellent type (had the waiter choose), the food was delivered on time, his order suggestions were superb, and he just had a really great personality and stopped to chat with us from time to time - explaining little oddities that my girlfriend and I found amusing...like the 10,000 bottles of wine/champagne/liquor that are stored in the CN Tower..yummmmm! >>

[continuation]... and then the check came, and i woke up from my dream [/continuation]:)

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well, you know it was either a GeForce 2 MX or the dinner....good God now that I put it that way!!!!!!;) j/k

-GL

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Geez...just did a quick check of the www logs...75 people checked out the picture. I'm definitely scanning in the photos from the CN Tower for my viewing pleasure from boring CS classes at school...I hope they turn out. Don't think I'll publicize those ones...I'm a selfish bastard;)

-GL

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Ohh, she's a cutie.;) Good choice man.:p

PS Come on, please post the pictures :)

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Arghh...alright. I guess it's only fair if I post a pic of my gf I should post a &quot;nekid&quot; pic of myself...where the heck did this term &quot;nekid&quot; come from? Eat your heart out...that pic is from the dead of winter and I really needed a tan;)

Oh yeah...the pictures from the CN Tower are at the developers. I'll try to post a pic or two if they turn out. There was this really cool one of Lake Ontario...the moon was casting this eery glow over the lake. It looked somewhat like a Batman cityscape.

GL

-GL

GL

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
That's a pic from when I was 18. I'll update it as soon as HP comes out with some decent drivers for my scanner in win2k - I don't make it a habit of storing a bunch of my pix on my computer but that's the exception. But yeah I generally look young for my age anyway:) It only bugs me when I go to buy alcohol, I get carded every time! But I think a year of university has aged me - there's no way 3 hours of sleep a night for 2 weeks at a time can't!

-GL