People suck

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
My motherfucking car was fucking broken into, but they didn't steal a fucking thing so now I just have a fucking broken window and no fucking excuse for it. There isn't enough 'fucks' I can put into this post to show how fucking pissed the fuck off I fucking am. FUCK FUCK FUCK

It was such a good night before this too. Good times with old friends.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: gorcorps
My motherfucking car was fucking broken into, but they didn't steal a fucking thing so now I just have a fucking broken window and no fucking excuse for it. There isn't enough 'fucks' I can put into this post to show how fucking pissed the fuck off I fucking am. FUCK FUCK FUCK

It was such a good night before this too. Good times with old friends.

Somewhere on an Undergound Message board the Thread exists:

People suck

I broke into this car today and couldn't find a God damn single thing to take. FUCK FUCK FUCK

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
At least they didn't key your fucking car and steal your fucking antenna like they did to mine, for no fucking reason.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Broken window? How much is your deductible? Sounds like this is just an inconvenience. Could be much worse.

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
You sure it was broken into? Maybe someone just doesn't like you and decided to smash your window?

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
Originally posted by: nerp
Broken window? How much is your deductible? Sounds like this is just an inconvenience. Could be much worse.

Depends on the insurance company and policy. Years ago, when I was with Liberty Mutual, I could get zero deductible on glass. Just call them up, they call back in ~20 minutes, telling me where to take the car, where they're waiting with the new window to install it (took all of an hour, the one time I had to use it).
Now I'm with Farmers, which has been a great company for me (haven't had to collect on my auto insurance, but my renters paid for itself, and then some!!). While they offer many options on auto insurance, zero deductible for glass isn't one of them.

Probably why I keep next to nothing of value in my truck, and leave it unlocked 99% of the time. I'd rather lose the ~$50 worth of stuff (tools, jumper cables, and assorted clothing items) I keep behind/under the seat, than have to pay for a $200 window!

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Originally posted by: marvdmartian
Probably why I keep next to nothing of value in my truck, and leave it unlocked 99% of the time. I'd rather lose the ~$50 worth of stuff (tools, jumper cables, and assorted clothing items) I keep behind/under the seat, than have to pay for a $200 window!

Where's the logic behind this mentality of not locking your car? If you don't have any valuable in plain sight to begin with, wouldn't the perps just move onto the next car? If you leave it unlocked, why not just leave the key in the ignition as well so some jackass can take it for a joy ride and kill somebody in the process all because you don't want somebody to break your car window. Enlighten me.

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
Originally posted by: Baked

Where's the logic behind this mentality of not locking your car? If you don't have any valuable in plain sight to begin with, wouldn't the perps just move onto the next car? If you leave it unlocked, why not just leave the key in the ignition as well so some jackass can take it for a joy ride and kill somebody in the process all because you don't want somebody to break your car window. Enlighten me.

Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't. Did you miss the part where the OP's car was broken into, but nothing stolen? I'm guessing they didn't have any valuables out in sight, yet they're dealing with a broken window now, aren't they?? In my case, I don't leave anything of high value in my truck, so I'm not worried if they take what's there, it won't cost me much to replace it.
Leaving the keys in the ignition, on the other hand, would just be irresponsible. Of course, leaving the keys in the ignition in a locked car would invite someone to steal the vehicle too, wouldn't it? Your logic is flawed.
I made a simple point of what I prefer to do, and you come flying in with an attitude like my personal choice is somehow insulting to you, or something. Here's a clue.....it's doesn't have to make sense to YOU, it only has to make sense to ME. It's MY choice, and I'm not advocating you or anyone else to take it. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how your logic advanced from my leaving my doors unlocked, to someone stealing my vehicle and killing someone with it.

You might consider cutting back on the caffeine. It seems to make you edgy. :roll:

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Baked

A girlfriend's mom lived in a bad section near a university. Her vw beetle kept getting broken into with the window getting busted. She finally started leaving it unlocked with nothing valuable in it. Numerous times after this the glove box was found open, etc. but nothing was ever hurt.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Some people are just a bunch of f0cking morons...

Some one smashed my passenger side window, broke the side mirror off 3 times, snapped the aerial and stole the front passenger wheel that wasn't even an alloy wheel...barstards!

Koing