People need to wake up...

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
A-TOT doesn't have a lot of activity at this time and I'm bored, have a few hours to burn before people get up and I can continue working.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
So you can't work until people get up? What do you do, sell doughnuts or something?

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: MichaelD
So you can't work until people get up? What do you do, sell doughnuts or something?
Nah, finished work for a few clients and woke up early, just waiting for them to get up so I can finish the rest and collect payment mostly :p

It's really dull here in the morning, nothing going on, not sure how people handle a night shift because this slow activity is probably what they mostly see.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Getting paid is good. :thumbsup:

You could use this "down time" for working out...or if you have to be at a desk, online school. Or you could just surf and surf and surf. Newegg gets all my money when I'm bored.

"Ooooooh. A USB coffee maker with 4GB of memory built in and a little fan too. I need that!." <--what happens when I'm bored

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Getting paid is good. :thumbsup:

You could use this "down time" for working out...or if you have to be at a desk, online school. Or you could just surf and surf and surf. Newegg gets all my money when I'm bored.

"Ooooooh. A USB coffee maker with 4GB of memory built in and a little fan too. I need that!." <--what happens when I'm bored
That reminds me, haven't been to thinkgeek in a while, I'll browse there and newegg, excellent idea actually :beer:

And yeah, working out is a good idea, I should go jog for 30 minutes or something, that would be great.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
it sucks...i'm always in india during the summers and no one is ever awake when i'm at work... :(

and i hate browsing newegg. it gets me thinking "ooh i can upgrade to a dual core for only $300...
and then i realize i still can't afford it :(

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Originally posted by: vshah
it sucks...i'm always in india during the summers and no one is ever awake when i'm at work... :(
Oh, dang man, that really sucks. What do you do that brings you to India in the summer?

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: AgaBoogaBoo
Oh, dang man, that really sucks. What do you do that brings you to India in the summer?

well...this summer it was either an internship here or in virginia. VA would have paid me about 3x as much, but i'd be alone in the middle of no-where etc. So i chose delhi because i've got a ton of friends here. And lets face it, my co-workers are napping or drinking tea half the time, so i've got plenty of time to wile away :p

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
well...this summer it was either an internship here or in virginia. VA would have paid me about 3x as much, but i'd be alone in the middle of no-where etc. So i chose delhi because i've got a ton of friends here. And lets face it, my co-workers are napping or drinking tea half the time, so i've got plenty of time to wile away :p
haha, that's pretty awesome, plus the food in India is better (IMO). Do you go to school in the US or India?

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
hahaha, nice, and yeah, I've found that a lot of time is

.... premature postaculation?

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
hahaha, nice, and yeah, I've found that a lot of time is

.... premature postaculation?
laff - pressed reply too soon

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
yeah...figured. Grew up/go to school in the US (gonna be a senior at cmu). but my parents moved back to Delhi after my freshman year...

also, I can pretend to be a bigshot here, throwing rupees around like they're nothing :p

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
yeah...figured. Grew up/go to school in the US (gonna be a senior at cmu). but my parents moved back to Delhi after my freshman year...

also, I can pretend to be a bigshot here, throwing rupees around like they're nothing :p
hehe, that exchange rate sure is nice :D

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003

and on top of it all, i'm a diplomat in india :p so cops can't touch me :evil:

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003

and on top of it all, i'm a diplomat in india :p so cops can't touch me :evil:
not like they'll do anything anyway, but yeah, now you probably don't have to pay a bribe ;)

LookingGlass

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2005
I can't sleep, I've had 4 hours of sleep. :( Had to put my cat down yesterday, and well.........*sigh*

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: LookingGlass
I can't sleep, I've had 4 hours of sleep. :( Had to put my cat down yesterday, and well.........*sigh*

I'm sorry
rose.gif

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
I'm awake and at work.... now what?
Thankfully this is my last week of early mornings, then I go back to being a member of the night crew :)

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: LookingGlass
TY guys, don't mean to highjack the thread. She was old, 15, was sick, it was her time to go. TY. :)

gonna get another pet? :)