People and A/C

Doomer

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 1999
Ran into a dude today who'd been driving in the scorching heat without A/C. He was drenched in sweat and panting like a dog. I thought to myself "maybe somebody should take him to the emergency room".
In conversation I asked was he A/C broke and he said no it was working fine, he just didn't like to use it 'cause he enjoyed the fresh air.

I then thought to myself :what kinda DA would enjoy the fresh air at the risk of heat stroke?
I've heard of people who drive with the windows rolled up so others will think they have A/C when they don't. Is this a southern thing or are some people equally as stupid in other parts of the country ?

Brooks

Banned
Oct 9, 1999
I've heard of people who drive with the windows rolled up so others will think they have A/C when they don't. Is this a southern thing or are some people equally as stupid in other parts of the country ?

Dumb F**ks who do that deserve to get heatstroke. My AC is broken, and I have no intention of getting it fixed (car not worth enough, plus in Nova Scotia the temperature is not often high enough that opening the window doesn't keep your body cool enough), but if its hot I drive with all the windows open baby!

Brooks

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
I don't use my A/C in the car. I just drive around with the windows down.

It kills the gas mileage on the car and I like the fresh air and wind. :)

Woohooo!!

Scheduled to be 100 tomorrow in SLC :D

amish

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
actually last summer i was driving my moms car with no ac :( man i hated it, texas summers are suck. but ohh well, the reason why i drove around with the windows partly closed was because if i had them open my hair became a mess, and i worked and didnt like going in there looking a complete mess :( ohh well, i know have ac :)

dam()

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000

<< I don't use my A/C in the car. I just drive around with the windows down.

It kills the gas mileage on the car and I like the fresh air and wind.
>>

Actually, you get better mileage with the windows up and the ac on. I saw that on some special about summer travel / high gas prices.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Maybe on some vehicles you will get better milage, but not on all.

I've tested it several times, I get about an extra 75 miles out of a tank of gas when I don't use the A/C.

This is on a very small 6 cylinder engine.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
My mom has a box shaped volvo, there is no way opening windows could add to the wind resistance this thing makes.

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
very strange... i find the AC in cars sucking... rather have the wind in my face, but the heat will probably kill me...

but on a hot day, nothing beats AC... especially when I can walk out of my room and feel what a hot day feels like...

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
I would melt like the wicked witch of the west with out A/C everywhere I go. typical Iowa summer day is 90degrees w/90% humidity

bones10

May 23, 2000
My first summer in Phoenix area 5 years ago it was 123F on the hottest day. :Q No kidding. I was sure glad I got a new car with A/C.

In Phoenix, they say that for your house, A/C is like plumbing, you don't have to ask if the house comes with it, and if your car does not have A/C, then you are suicidal, and you need help. :)

There was a guy from Phoenix who when to hell. When he got there Satan asked what he thought of the place. The guy said it was very nice. Well this frustrated Satan. People are supposed to be miserable in hell. So he turned up the heat quite a bit.

Then Satan when back and asked the guy again. The guy responded that he could see why people might want to wear shorts there, but thought the tempurature was about right to have a BBQ.

This so infuriated Satan, he turned the tempurature all the way down as low as it would go. He went back to the man and asked what he thought of hell now. To which the man replied, &quot;What happened? Did the Cardinal's win?&quot; :D

xero

May 1, 2000
hmmm..the A/C in my car works fine..just the other day i had it recharged and added about a pound of freon....bitch got down to 55 degrees....but i always just roll my windows down all the way... :D