Pentium E6600 3.06ghz vs i3-2100 performance

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
If you're gonna spend any money, don't waste it trying to revive an old outdated platform. I did the same thing by upgrading to a fast Athlon XP when A64 was already available, and that was a waste of money in the long run. Considering the new i3 beats an old quad Q6600 in most tasks, I wouldn't spend a dime on a dually e6600.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
If you're gonna spend any money, don't waste it trying to revive an old outdated platform. I did the same thing by upgrading to a fast Athlon XP when A64 was already available, and that was a waste of money in the long run. Considering the new i3 beats an old quad Q6600 in most tasks, I wouldn't spend a dime on a dually e6600.

Q6600 was my favorite processor i ever purchased but this i3 2100 for its low price tag low power consumption now makes it my new favorite processor ever.

It might not have the lifespan of a i5 but the fact it out performs the amd quads and competes with its own older generation quad makes it a very impressive piece of silicon and till amd revises its line and offers something it may very well be the best processor in its price point for a while.