Pentagon extends tours in Iraq for Guard, Reserve

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

One weekend a month and two weeks a year. Uh huh.

While I realize this is only their sales pitch and people realize they may be signing up for more I wonder how many of them thought they'd be sent on an unnecessary invasion and occupation during peace time?

Anyone want to take odds they wind up with another extension?

After all, there is NO ONE to replace them with when their tour is up next April. And Bush DID extend the length of time they could be called up.

"Under an executive order signed by President Bush after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, reservists can be called up to serve two years. Since then, roughly 300,000 on-call troops were activated, some serving the full two years."

Maybe Bush should help out by completing HIS reserve duty! :)

Only problem is he'd have to spend it in the brig for being AWOL all these years. :(

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
It's funny as hell that we have a President who was AWOL leading our troops. What a hypocrite!

This, folks, symbolizes the sad state of affairs here in America.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
It's funny as hell that we have a President who was AWOL leading our troops. What a hypocrite!

This, folks, symbolizes the sad state of affairs here in America.

Looks like these poor grunts aren't going to get off as easy as Bush did, phillyTIM.

Bush should be held to the same standard he's holding them to. Send his A$$ to Iraq. Give us a break.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: BOBDN

These morons all believe if you aren't stupid enough to have to join up to make a living you aren't a "real" American.

Their only real asset is the ease with which they're brainwashed. Makes them all perfect candidates to become grunts.

They need the "structure" of military life. They need someone to tell them how exactly to do everything. They don't possess the mental faculties to figure it out on their own.

Now that their brainwashing is complete they think they've made some "contribution."

The only contribution made was us contributing our tax dollars to keep these dullards employed until they could be taught how to march in a straight line.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx

These morons all believe if you aren't stupid enough to have to join up to make a living you aren't a "real" American.

Their only real asset is the ease with which they're brainwashed. Makes them all perfect candidates to become grunts.

They need the "structure" of military life. They need someone to tell them how exactly to do everything. They don't possess the mental faculties to figure it out on their own.

Now that their brainwashing is complete they think they've made some "contribution."

The only contribution made was us contributing our tax dollars to keep these dullards employed until they could be taught how to march in a straight line.

Exactly. The hypocrites are once again feigning concern for the troops as a way to criticize and make unproven accusations.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: sward666
Hang the brainwashed dullards out to dry. Let them eat cake.

Cake? "They don't possess the mental faculties to figure it out" how to eat cake...pea soup through a straw.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

Cake? "They don't possess the mental faculties to figure it out" how to eat cake...pea soup through a straw.

As usual galt and uq are incapable of defending their fearless leader so they change the subject.

Sad. It seems I was right when I posted my opinion of them. :)

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
..or us, or the retarded troops?

Get it straight galt. YOU were the retarded troops.

I haven't talked with the rest of them. I'm basing my conclusion on what I've heard from you. And as you know it's you and the other idiots on this forum who claim they are the only people who made any "contribution" to America as they collect their pay and get their free education (what a waste of money THAT was). :)

So here again is what I said about YOU and every "contributor" that agrees with your fascist notions about my country.

"These morons all believe if you aren't stupid enough to have to join up to make a living you aren't a "real" American.

The only contribution made was us contributing our tax dollars to keep these dullards employed until they could be taught how to march in a straight line."

Thanks for saving that for me. Keep posting it moron. It only shows I was right about you.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999

As usual galt and uq are incapable of defending their fearless leader so they change the subject.

And you???? You employ whatever convenient idiocy in order to further a goddam agenda?

How dare you degrade U.S. servicemembers in order to fire a very lame, cheap-assed shot at a couple of us who disagree with you.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: burnedout

And you???? You employ whatever convenient idiocy in order to further a goddam agenda?

How dare you degrade U.S. servicemembers in order to fire a very lame, cheap-assed shot at a couple of us who disagree with you.

Listen genius. I'll try to make this simple enough for even YOU to understand (although I've just about given up hope that galt will EVER understand).

I was referring to the idiots on this forum who try to insist anyone who hasn't served hasn't contributed to our country while they haven't "contributed" a damn thing. They were paid, they received free education and they JOINED. Their decision, their pay, their free education.

I'm not degrading our military, I have family and friends in the military who do an excellent job and realize it was THEIR choice to join and anyone else's choice not to. And I'm not taking a cheap shot at you and the other morons who insist otherwise. I'm telling you're wrong when you make ridiculous claims about people you don't know not contributing because they didn't have to join to make a living and get an education.

You make ridiculous claims about me and I'll tell you what I think about YOU. :)

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999

--Remainder of hypocritical, moronic blabbering snipped.--

Well Mr. Expert on military affairs (BaHaHaHa), National Guard and Reserve were deployed during the Korean Conflict, Vietnam, the Cold War, Desert Storm, peacekeeping missions during the 80s and 90s and now. If you had even the slightest clue about what in the hell you were talking about, you wouldn't spout such garbage.

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001

Well Mr. Expert on military affairs (BaHaHaHa), National Guard and Reserve were deployed during the Korean Conflict, Vietnam, the Cold War, Desert Storm, peacekeeping missions during the 80s and 90s and now. If you had even the slightest clue about what in the hell you were talking about, you wouldn't spout such garbage.

All of that is irrelevant because Bush wasn't President at the time and there's no way to blame him for any of that.

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet

All of that is irrelevant because Bush wasn't President at the time and there's no way to blame him for any of that.
If we put our heads together, I'm sure we can find a way. Maybe play up the Prescott angle or something?

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
that's just YOUR spin on what BOBDN said, JohnGalt; what he says doesn't come off that way to us others

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999

Listen genius. I'll try to make this simple enough for even YOU to understand (although I've just about given up hope that galt will EVER understand).
Oh you mean YOUR "superior" intellect versus Galt? BaHaHaHaHaHa. Please, give me and the rest of us here a break. At least Galt has enough goddam sense to invite some objectivity into his debates. Galt served. You did not. End of discussion.

I was referring to the idiots on this forum who try to insist anyone who hasn't served hasn't contributed to our country while they haven't "contributed" a damn thing. They were paid, they received free education and they JOINED. Their decision, their pay, their free education.
The All Voluteer Force concept has been in effect since the end of the draft during the early 1970s. Every single member of our Armed Forces currently serving in Iraq voluteered.

I'm not degrading our military, I have family and friends in the military who do an excellent job and realize it was THEIR choice to join and anyone else's choice not to. And I'm not taking a cheap shot at you and the other morons who insist otherwise. I'm telling you're wrong when you make ridiculous claims about people you don't know not contributing because they didn't have to join to make a living and get an education.
"claims about people you don't know? CLAIMS ABOUT PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW? Hello? Is any body out there? Say, weren't you the one with such insightful statements as:

"Their only real asset is the ease with which they're brainwashed. Makes them all perfect candidates to become grunts."

The hypocrisy is deafening. Absolutely, positively is the hypocrisy from you just deafening.

You make ridiculous claims about me and I'll tell you what I think about YOU.
So what?

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
BODBN,
You obviously know nothing about the military or US servicemen and woman. You have crossed the line from debate and dissent to just being an ass. Congratulations.