Pentagon: caught in the act!

d1abolic

Banned
Sep 21, 2001
Busted! Those dirty bastards over at the Pentagon were finally caught lying! I found the following story in the paper today. To sum it up for those who don't want to read the whole thing, a group of Navy SEALS was so quick to evacuate a dangerous area, that they forgot one of their men behind and left in a chopper without him. By the time they did a head count and realised he was missing, it was already too late. He was dragged off and executed by 3 al-Qaida fighters. Now, we only know this because Maj.-Gen. Frank Hagenbeck was stupid enough to tell reporters that he saw it happen from a camera on a Predator spy plane. But what he didn't know is that the Pentagon has already released the "official" version of the story, which said that the soldier fell off the chopper and was shot from afar. So uh.. about all those planes and coppers that kept crashing into trees, mountains and thin air in the Middle East lately. Bullshit.

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
"...a group of Navy SEALS was so quick to evacuate a dangerous area..."

Whatever happened I'll still hold our military in high regard. They are getting into dangerous situations so you and I don't have to.

Haven't read the story yet but just wanted to say that.

Jul 12, 2001
anyone who has ever believed that they always tell us exactly what happened has got his head way to far up his @ss... doesnt mean much

fun to catch them though :)

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I don't think the pilots who thought his chopper was hit by an antitank weapon was a Navy Seal. The Navy Seal just flew aboard. To say the Navy Seals actually abandon the guy is a lie. Those choppers were hit by RPGs and heavy machine guns, nobody ever said they were hit by trees or ran into mountains. Everybody know that, and you are making a big case from the confusion of the battle. You sit in your living room and start to spout crap.

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
You're attacking the military, who do you think General Frank is? He had been in combat in Vietnam.

d1abolic

Banned
Sep 21, 2001
Poca, i'm talking about the 3 or 4 planes and helicopters that crashed in the Middle East in the past couple of weeks. All had no survivors and Pentagon always said that they were not brought down by enemy fire. One hit a tree, another a mountain, and another had some sort of a malfunction. Yeah, ok!

xyyz

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000

<< anyone who has ever believed that they always tell us exactly what happened has got his head way to far up his @ss... doesnt mean much

fun to catch them though :)
>>

okay now what's up with this? had I said what you just said... the right-wing nuts of ATOF would launch a crusade against me...

d1abolic

Banned
Sep 21, 2001
Hm? You mean there are people out there who trust the government? Gotta be pretty damn naive if you ask me.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000

<< IThose choppers were hit by RPGs and heavy machine guns, nobody ever said they were hit by trees or ran into mountains. Everybody know that, and you are making a big case from the confusion of the battle. You sit in your living room and start to spout crap. >>

he didnt say that you ass, he was referring to the rash of accidents that have killed the majority of soldiers so far in the war. Personally I'd probably agree some of those werent accidents. As a journalist I find it fascinating to "uncover" this kind of stuff. It pisses me off somewhat because they are feeding us propoganda, but OTOH we are in war and there are some reasons, historically, to do this kind of stuff. Im somewhat neutral on this. I will gladly say I wouldnt be doing any of that stuff myself and am glad they are! :)

Go USA! :)

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000

<< Poca, i'm talking about the 3 or 4 planes and helicopters that crashed in the Middle East in the past couple of weeks. All had no survivors and Pentagon always said that they were not brought down by enemy fire. One hit a tree, another a mountain, and another had some sort of a malfunction. Yeah, ok! >>

yea i always wonder how all these airplanes and choppers blow up in routine accidents and training exercises. i was like, i mean, what do these planes just fall out of the sky, i mean the pilots are not like some video game jockey they are pilots right

Jfur

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2001

<< Poca, i'm talking about the 3 or 4 planes and helicopters that crashed in the Middle East in the past couple of weeks. All had no survivors and Pentagon always said that they were not brought down by enemy fire. One hit a tree, another a mountain, and another had some sort of a malfunction. Yeah, ok! >>

they crash on U.S. soil all the time. We lost a chopper here last year filled with guys.

Sepen

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< Hm? You mean there are people out there who trust the government? Gotta be pretty damn naive if you ask me. >>

Um, don't you live in Canada? ;)

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
SEAL CNN been running this story since yesterday morning. I don't know what you think anyone is lying about. I guess you'd be hard pressed to post anything if you couldn't just make sh!t up, huh.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
There is disagreement over whether he was already dead when the enemy dragged him away and shot him, or whether he was alive when they dragged him away and shot him dead. There is disagreement about whether he fell out of the helicopter or didn't make it back aboard. All accounts are consistent that the Chinook was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade and that the soldier is dead.

Since there are a few different accounts of what happened, and the military is admitting there are differing accounts of what happened, its a bit premature of you to cherry pick whichever conclusion you want to believe and say that's what happened, is it not?

LoTecha

Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, I agree tcsenter. That link he provided in the original article is an invalid page, so we don't even have any evidence of a cover-up on the Pentagon's part. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but just that right now, I have no evidence to think they did. Besides, I think he just wanted to stir up some controversy and jumped the gun a bit by picking the conclusion that most suited his purpose.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
SEALs don't leave men behind. They also work in small groups so I don't see how he could have gone 'missing'.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Well we have a war on. Its going to get nasty. Do you think the American public needs to hear every grim detail???????? Do you want to hear every grim detail?

Zombie

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 1999
I am not taking sides here but it's a war and stuff like this happens. I get a impression that people of US think that this is some video game. Why are you shocked when there is a casualty in war. There is also something called friendly fire..stuff like this happens.