Pennsylvania nursing home was flagged for dangerous conditions before coronavirus outbreak

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

maybe if the sanctions were more than $21000 things might have changed

In Beaver, Pennsylvania, Brighton was owned by the county and called Friendship Ridge until 2014, when it was bought for $37.5 million by an investment group called Comprehensive Healthcare Management that records show is based in Teaneck, New Jersey. Comprehensive Healthcare Management did not immediately return an emailed request for comment.

private ownership is not the end all be all the right makes it out to be.

I would bet they will have a hell of a time filling it after the pandemic comes to an end.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well it seems even after paying off those pesky fines it was still a profitable entity that was gradually running the place into the ground until that damned virus showed up and exposed in grand fashion how making a profit over other people's declining health required precipitously endangering the safety of its wards as an integral part of their plan of operations.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I just hope I have the guts at the time, to not go into a human warehouse. Both my parents ended their time in them. And it was sepsis that took my dad.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
We have a local nursing home in San Antonio where ~15% of its residents (13/86 if I remember right) have died from COVID-19 and one of the therapists quit because the home didn't seem to give a shit that one of its other therapists had a girlfriend who suspected she might be COVID positive.