Pence Blocks Fauci, Birx from Appearing on CNN after Network Stops Airing Full White House Coronavirus Briefings

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
No skin off CNN`s nose! More stations should stop televising the briefings!
It is sad that Trump has used the briefing as his own personal platform to say what a wonderful job he is doing......aort of using the briefing to campaign......what a shit stain on society!!

Vice President Mike Pence has blocked Drs. Anthony Fauci and Deborah Birx, as well as other top U.S. health officials, from appearing on CNN following the network’s decision to not air the White House coronavirus press briefings in full.

“When you guys cover the briefings with the health officials then you can expect them back on your air,” a spokesman for the vice president told CNN.

Reactions: Muse

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
No skin off CNN`s nose! More stations should stop televising the briefings!
It is sad that Trump has used the briefing as his own personal platform to say what a wonderful job he is doing......aort of using the briefing to campaign......what a shit stain on society!!

Vice President Mike Pence has blocked Drs. Anthony Fauci and Deborah Birx, as well as other top U.S. health officials, from appearing on CNN following the network’s decision to not air the White House coronavirus press briefings in full.

“When you guys cover the briefings with the health officials then you can expect them back on your air,” a spokesman for the vice president told CNN.
Actually was wondering how long this would take. So predictable.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Do you like your lies served with a side order of science?

Doesn't matter to me. I refuse to poison my mind with anything Trump. He's made it perfectly clear that he is only interested in 40% of the US but in reality he only works for the 1%. Too bad the 40% can't wipe the anger, fear and hate from their eyes long enough to see the truth.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Sadly, it's my considered opinion that Trump spewing lies about this pandemic in order to keep the market and his popularity ratings from crashing is killing people who buy into his bullshit.

However, the folks who actually believe his lies are his supporters, so he's hurting them more than the rest of us who put our faith and in this case our very lives in those folks of science who actually care about the people of the nation rather than the hurt feelings of one megalomaniacal man in the White House.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'm really sick of this administration's fascism.

It's the only way Trump knows how to run a business, in this case OUR business and that's where he's run into the problem whereby he still thinks he can call all the shots without being held accountable because ~40% of the nation thinks he's doing "a really terrific job" and those other traitors who make up the rest of the nation simply don't matter.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I think Fauci just gave Trump a big FUCK YOU. He appeared on CNN this morning 7A.

Way to go Uncle Tony!!
Hope he doesn't get fired.

The White House flip flopped yesterday afternoon-

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But I think it’s future cnn appearances that will get affected. The CDC head was on Anderson’s show last night. Hard to tell them to cancel booked appearances. And if Fauci is removed, imagine all the stories he has to tell. *waits for trumps fake NDA threat*

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
If Trump fired Fauci his odds of winning in November go down materially. I think he realizes that.
You're talking about the voter base that went from parroting "Everything's fine/it's a hoax/It's overblown" only a month ago to now saying "He's been all over this since December!/He knew it was a pandemic before anyone else did" etc. Fox News is already well on their way to re-writing history in spite of their messaging the past two months being caught on video. Their viewers have already forgotten.

Trump will be fine.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You're talking about the voter base that went from parroting "Everything's fine/it's a hoax/It's overblown" only a month ago to now saying "He's been all over this since December!/He knew it was a pandemic before anyone else did" etc. Fox News is already well on their way to re-writing history in spite of their messaging the past two months being caught on video. Their viewers have already forgotten.

Trump will be fine.
You sound relieved that Trump will be fine....

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'm pretty confident that not once has Trump offered his sympathy and condolences to those that have lost loved ones in this pandemic.
I mean, I'm not shocked about that at all, but... damn.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I'm pretty confident that not once has Trump offered his sympathy and condolences to those that have lost loved ones in this pandemic.
The man is a wounded duck, hopefully soon a "lame duck." He has no heart.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
But I bet you dollars to donuts that Trump behind the scenes is offering his condolences to those who have lost money in the Stock market who are his friends....

Reactions: Meghan54

Atari2600

Golden Member
Nov 22, 2016
One thing I've noticed is missing from Trump's press briefings.

A total absence of notebooks.

Trump needs to stop allowing such indiscipline in the ranks and really tighten up. He should ask his mate for advice:

c5a3.jpg

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I think he read it once. When he utters any words of sympathy for familes of the dead or empathy for the people on the front lines fighting this disease he has his head down reading it.

When he tout his ratings vs The Bachelor during these daily pandemic briefings he doesn't have to read that. When he uses valuable time to bash Democrats he doesn't have to read that.

This guy is the lowest form of human being I've ever seen.

Reactions: Muse and tweaker2

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This should disturb more people. First he denies promoting hydroxychloroquine which he has, then cuts off one of the world's most renown authorities on infectious diseases. Hopefully people are getting COVID-19 advice from Dr. Fauci not Donald Trump or Fox News.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
By now I should be thoroughly jaded by Trump's incessant lies because I've had to bear witness to them for over three years now. Yet, he seems to outdo himself every time he opens his mouth.

I mean, the meathead has created an alternative universe over this national crisis whereby from his point of view, he and his administration have been doing a fantastic job of managing this crisis and then he has the gall for taking credit for how great of a job he and his lackeys are doing.

I'd like to personally slap his head over this but then I realized I'd have Child Protective Services on my ass 10 seconds or less after the fact.

edit -syntax

Last edited:

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Recently NBC has also began breaking off these daily briefings, I DVR Lester Holt but had been seeing that dumb-fuck blabbering on and on still at 6 :30 and overrunning NBC nightly news. Shithead knows many just want to see and hear from Fauci so shithead makes him go last. Then he's on Twitter bragging about "ratings", Jesus F-ing Christ, people are dying here and many are flat broke, and now unemployed. Sections of the economy shut down 100% and this F-ing asshole thinks it's a "ratings" contest. Biden's campaign should take note and deliver a searing fucking ad showing this asswipe in action.

• Love
Reactions: tweaker2 and Muse