Pelosi's answer to illegal immigration....

Jul 9, 2009
Stop hiring illegal aliens to do your landscaping.

I know it's a pretty complicated concept; it's no wonder op could not wrap his mind around it.
Actually she was talking about them hiding in the grass, not as if they're mowing it in peoples yards. Try reading the damn link for a change.

She said:

"“Let’s talk about where a more serious structure might be necessary, where fencing will do or mowing the grass so that people can’t be smuggled through the grass — that’s something. Levies, technology, personnel,” she proposed."

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
My bad, couldn't get past nag screen, assumed it was from the fox news story about not hiring illegal aliens.

Tears of humiliation are pouring down my cheeks.

:oops:

Reactions: soundforbjt

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
The Washington Times? Sung Myung Moon's church's paper? That rag? LOL!!!

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
The Washington Times? Sung Myung Moon's church's paper? That rag? LOL!!!

Yes -- DC's "other" newspaper has a long, long history.

I remember taking mental note in the 1990s, when I was still "inside the Beltway."

I could read front-page "news" articles garnered from AP and UPI releases which were written by W Times staff, and I would find editorializing remarks -- right there . . . on the front page. Right away, you would conclude you couldn't trust that paper.

The "real' newspaper -- the Post -- always inclined toward supporting American capitalism as well as following the journalistic tradition that goes back before Ben Bradlee and Katherine Graham: the want ads, the ads for some of the best grocery stores, clothing stores, liquor stores in the area were lavish.

Outfits like FOX and papers like the Washington Times follow "advocacy journalism" practice, which is a euphemism for "yellow journalism." The so-called "Liberal" papers and media stick to "objective journalism -- separating basic, untainted news reporting from the opinion section. And there is attention to avoid distortion.

Another thing you'll see about -- for instance -- FOX: they avoid reporting news that doesn't advance their advocacy. So they censor the reporting of news items up front. Today, for instance, when the story broke about Stormy and Donald, the lawyer and the $130,000 signed "agreement," FOX chose to report on battling student journalists at GWU, disparaging the "Liberal." How very pertinent! How useful in the consumption of my time! I am SO INTERESTED in the GWU student newspapers!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Not very artful but wasn't that the very thing the Republican nominee for President was doing when running in 2012 and complained he couldn't have that because he was running for President.

Larger point why haven't I heard any talk fining businesses who hire undocumented people? Could it be Republicans don't really want to stifle businesses from access to cheap labor? No reason if ICE can raid companies looking for people and find them that information can be passed on for levying fiines.

2 faced much??

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The Vietcong moved though high grass quite well. lol. Go back to your Daddy fixation.
You didn't answer the question. You just tossed out an insult. This has become a very common response from the far left and pouting teenagers. The only reason you do it is because of the anonymous nature of a forum. Much like back in high school when you gave the teacher bird when her back was turned, it only makes you appear impotent.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yes -- DC's "other" newspaper has a long, long history.

I remember taking mental note in the 1990s, when I was still "inside the Beltway."

I could read front-page "news" articles garnered from AP and UPI releases which were written by W Times staff, and I would find editorializing remarks -- right there . . . on the front page. Right away, you would conclude you couldn't trust that paper.

The "real' newspaper -- the Post -- always inclined toward supporting American capitalism as well as following the journalistic tradition that goes back before Ben Bradlee and Katherine Graham: the want ads, the ads for some of the best grocery stores, clothing stores, liquor stores in the area were lavish.

Outfits like FOX and papers like the Washington Times follow "advocacy journalism" practice, which is a euphemism for "yellow journalism." The so-called "Liberal" papers and media stick to "objective journalism -- separating basic, untainted news reporting from the opinion section. And there is attention to avoid distortion.

Another thing you'll see about -- for instance -- FOX: they avoid reporting news that doesn't advance their advocacy. So they censor the reporting of news items up front. Today, for instance, when the story broke about Stormy and Donald, the lawyer and the $130,000 signed "agreement," FOX chose to report on battling student journalists at GWU, disparaging the "Liberal." How very pertinent! How useful in the consumption of my time! I am SO INTERESTED in the GWU student newspapers!
Grew up reading the Washington Star cause my parents were conservatives and hated the WAPO. Then the Moonies bought it and turned it into complete POS.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Once Mexico agrees to pay for the wall, we should build it as Keynesian stimulus.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I don't trust them to show the video in context. So yes you've still got shit sources.

But they worked to farm some ad money from you.

Here's your context:

Pelosi said, “Well, I’m not the wall’s biggest advocate in Congress. But I do know that representatives in the House and senators in that body from the border areas have some serious objections to a wall, because they know how detrimental it can be to the community trade, to all of the other aspects of a border.”

She continued, “Let’s sit down and talk this through and see what makes sense. Not some commitment to a promise that we are going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it, that is never going to happen. But let’s talk about where a more serious structure might be necessary–where fencing will do or mowing the grass so people can’t be smuggled through the grass. That’s something– levies, technology, personnel.”