Pelosi wants a $300B stimulus package

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Link

Against my usual sarcastic "wit", I'm dead serious this time. $300B is not enough. This is a $14T GDP. I think that the stimulus plan can do more, say $2 or maybe even $50Trillion stimulus package. If $300B is better than $150B, a quadzillion is better than $300B, right?

Oh, I couldn't help the sarcasm afterall. But really where do they come up with these figures? They are totally gangbusters crazy.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Link

Against my usual sarcastic "wit", I'm dead serious this time. $300B is not enough. This is a $14T GDP. I think that the stimulus plan can do more, say $2 or maybe even $50Trillion stimulus package. If $300B is better than $150B, a quadzillion is better than $300B, right?

Oh, I couldn't help the sarcasm afterall. But really where do they come up with these figures? They are totally gangbusters crazy.

I'm sorry. I looked at the article and all I saw was John Boehner. I stared at it a while, and then came back here and recounted it.

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005
Someone better put an end to this quickly. It seems that the closer we get to election day, the more money people are willing to give out. This needs to end before we buy everyone new cars, homes, and helicopters. All on the next generations' tabs, of course.

Does everyone on Capitol Hill honestly think they can spend whatever they want whenever they want and there will be no consequence? Ahh, screw it. Main St does it, Wall St does it, and the government does it. I'm tired of fighting.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Politicians have long been in the market of buying votes. You act suprised by this? Some politicians buy votes by promising to give the voters more welfare and soclail progams, other politicians promise money in the form of less taxes.

One is honest (Less taxes) and one is not but at the end of the day its the same damn thing. Buying votes. The question is whther you get more or give less.

And so I'll leave you with a wonderful statement I read elsewhere, and everytime you listen to a politician speak I want you to think of it...

The organized state is a wonderful invention whereby everyone can live at someone else's expense.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
If the Republicans were doing this, people would be bitching. But since Bush has been the worse president in history, the Democrats get a free ride.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Link

Against my usual sarcastic "wit", I'm dead serious this time. $300B is not enough.

$300B is certainly enough for me. But don't you people expect me to share. Go get your own $300B.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
so does that mean joe sixpack can buy a tv twice as expensive as the one he bought with the check he got in march?

gar3555

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
Originally posted by: ElFenix
so does that mean joe sixpack can buy a tv twice as expensive as the one he bought with the check he got in march?

I think it means that joe sixpack will now be joe twelvepack. More monies = more booze!

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Mursilis
Link

Against my usual sarcastic "wit", I'm dead serious this time. $300B is not enough.

$300B is certainly enough for me. But don't you people expect me to share. Go get your own $300B.

Dont worry, we'll tax and distribute. By the time the tax man leaves, that 300 billion is going to be 68 dollars and 52 cents!

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
This is a joke. More unemployment benefits and food stamps...great job. How does that incentivise work there geniuses?

Washington needs an enema...throw them all the fvck out.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
This appears to be the political ploy of the 08 election cycle. Give away the national treasure to secure power.

This ought to be a good 4 years under Obama with Pelosi and the gang crafting spending legislation.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
All I have to say is, I hope to God nobody here makes 250K+ b/c you'll soon be the largest (involuntary) victims of this mess.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
All I have to say is, I hope to God nobody here makes 250K+ b/c you'll soon be the largest (involuntary) victims of this mess.

With each passing day I dont see how revoking the tax cuts for people making 250K is going to pay for all of this.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Genx87

With each passing day I dont see how revoking the tax cuts for people making 250K is going to pay for all of this.
/agree, I don't either. But I do know that Obama is going to bend them over without vaseline. I don't agree with Robin Hood mentality, but at the same time I'm glad I'm not rich because reality is they will pay for all of Obama's proposed spending.

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: bamacre
If the Republicans were doing this, people would be bitching. But since Bush has been the worse president in history, the Democrats get a free ride.

What do you think this thread is, if not people bitching?

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001

/agree, I don't either. But I do know that Obama is going to bend them over without vaseline. I don't agree with Robin Hood mentality, but at the same time I'm glad I'm not rich because reality is they will pay for all of Obama's proposed spending.

I hope you do become rich, so then we can trade incomes.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001

But don't you people get it? There's a third way - borrow money! It's not like a Congress of the same party is going to stop Obama from playing Santa Claus all year 'round.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
This appears to be the political ploy of the 08 election cycle. Give away the national treasure to secure power.

This ought to be a good 4 years under Obama with Pelosi and the gang crafting spending legislation.
They are just trying to jump in the mud bath the republicans were already frolicking in, like filthy pigs. Neither party are spendthrifts in the least.
I'm glad I'm not rich because reality is they will pay for all of Obama's proposed spending.
Fact is McCain will spend AT LEAST as much as Obama if the last 30+ years of republican vs democratic administrations are any indication, and whether you pay for it with taxes now or inflation/decrease in lifestyle later, you'll pay for it, or somebody will. It has to be paid for one way or the other.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
They're going to have to start printing billion dollar bills. I guess we can put GWB's face on it.

eleison

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
Originally posted by: digiram
They're going to have to start printing billion dollar bills. I guess we can put GWB's face on it.

Since he's leaving office, minus well put Obama's on it...

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

They are just trying to jump in the mud bath the republicans were already frolicking in, like filthy pigs. Neither party are spendthrifts in the least.
I'm glad I'm not rich because reality is they will pay for all of Obama's proposed spending.
Fact is McCain will spend AT LEAST as much as Obama if the last 30+ years of republican vs democratic administrations are any indication, and whether you pay for it with taxes now or inflation/decrease in lifestyle later, you'll pay for it, or somebody will. It has to be paid for one way or the other.
Well, under Obama's plan the 250K and up crowd is getting hiked, not us middle class peeps. Yeah, we're definitely going to shoulder some of the bailout BS as well, but just not as much.