Pelosi: Trump isn’t worth impeachment

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You guys are now arguing just to argue. It's not like Trump has the gestapo to back such a play.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
404 lying not found. Per your link:

There’s actually an entire legal doctrine protecting corporations from liability for false promotional statements—it’s known as “puffery.”

Did you even read it?

Heh. Trump blew past the line between puffery & fraud a long time ago. Either you recognize that he's a con artist or you're getting conned. There's no in between.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
404 lying not found. Per your link:

There’s actually an entire legal doctrine protecting corporations from liability for false promotional statements—it’s known as “puffery.”

Did you even read it?

Nearly a century later, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) wrote a policy statement on deception, saying they would not hold a company liable for obvious hyperbole.

"obvious hyperbole" being key words. unless we shouldn't trust any company's public statements at all, in which case neither should their shareholders.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Heh. Trump blew past the line between puffery & fraud a long time ago. Either you recognize that he's a con artist or you're getting conned. There's no in between.

I know youre a little slow, so Ill just tell you: my remark wasnt directed at Trump you dimwit.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
"obvious hyperbole" being key words. unless we shouldn't trust any company's public statements at all, in which case neither should their shareholders.

Be that as it may, he didnt lie under oath. Indus is just pulling shit out of his ass.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I know youre a little slow, so Ill just tell you: my remark wasnt directed at Trump you dimwit.

It was a redirect back on topic. Should Trump actually be impeached it will be because of his amazing con artist ways.

Pelosi? She won't take the shot unless she can get a clean kill, I figure. She's got the hounds on him now so we'll see how it works out.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
It was a redirect back on topic. Should Trump actually be impeached it will be because of his amazing con artist ways.

Pelosi? She won't take the shot unless she can get a clean kill, I figure. She's got the hounds on him now so we'll see how it works out.

Instead of playing thread nazi how about just STFU when the urge arises and dont be a douche?

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Brett Kavanaugh’s testimony was explicitly refuted by multiple people who knew him at the time he was testifying about. He almost certainly lied under oath.

It would be better if conservatives just said they didn’t care about perjury instead of trying to pretend it didn’t happen.
Or at least admitted that they aren't actually binary on lying - good or bad. It really depends on how they feel about the subject of the lie. "ehhh that doesn't matter anyway, so who cares about a meaningless lie?" As usual, it's all about the feels from the "Fuck your feelings" movement. History has given us so many wonderful examples of projection.