Pelosi says birth control will help economy

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
HAHA! I dont know whether to laugh or cry!

It seems the bleeding heart Democrats programs filled with free handouts and tasty cheese has come full circle and bit them in the pokcetbook. The teeth were just pointy enough to nip the ass it seems as they've perked up and taken notice.

What makes it so deliciously funny it this is all but admittance that the free handouts are killing the budgets of state and federal agencies. Of course ratehr then cut back the programs or set reasonable requirements (perhaps LESS money for more kids rather then MORE) they decide to try to convince people to stop having kids all together.

Even more interesting, not only is this a cry that the programs are failing are encouraging a generation of lazy bum ass baby makers but its also a policy that wouldnt see any real gains for quite some time. We dont need answers to problems 10 years from now, we need answers to problems NOW.

It seems theres some in government who are seriously out of date on exactly what our problems are and how to fix them.

Link

PELOSI SAYS BIRTH CONTROL WILL HELP ECONOMY
Sun Jan 25 2009 22:13:43 ET

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi boldly defended a move to add birth control funding to the new economic "stimulus" package, claiming "contraception will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government."

Pelosi, the mother of 5 children and 6 grandchildren, who once said, "Nothing in my life will ever, ever compare to being a mom," seemed to imply babies are somehow a burden on the treasury.

The revelation came during an exchange Sunday morning on ABC's THIS WEEK.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Hundreds of millions of dollars to expand family planning services. How is that stimulus?

PELOSI: Well, the family planning services reduce cost. They reduce cost. The states are in terrible fiscal budget crises now and part of what we do for children's health, education and some of those elements are to help the states meet their financial needs. One of those - one of the initiatives you mentioned, the contraception, will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So no apologies for that?

PELOSI: No apologies. No. we have to deal with the consequences of the downturn in our economy.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Its pretty sad when republicans need to insert a wedge issue (abortion) into the economic struggles we see today in order to make themselves feel better.

Keep fighting the good fight!! God Bless America!

YOU ARE A REAL PATRIOT SPECOP 007!

:roll:

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Do you (OP) propose less income tax deductions for parents too? Or is it just minority parents you're worried about stealing our tax dollars?

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
I'm all for handing out as much contraception as possible, worldwide, here at home, wherever.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I think I find delicious about this is she obviously believe low income earners will recieve this much needed contraception. Meaning she doesnt believe these low income earners can pull themselves out of the hole they are in and will be a net negative on the govt and society as a whole. Just remember that the next time you hear her whining about being for the poor.

That said this is supposed to be a stimulus package that creates jobs by building infrastructure. WTF does contraception have to do with this? I bet once it is all said and done and fails to do anything we can examine where the money went and find a decent % going to black holes and special interest groups that added nothing meaningful to the economy.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Genx87
I think I find delicious about this is she obviously believe low income earners will recieve this much needed contraception. Meaning she doesnt believe these low income earners can pull themselves out of the hole they are in and will be a net negative on the govt and society as a whole. Just remember that the next time you hear hew whining about being for the poor.

If you're living in poverty the last think you need is another mouth to feed.

Xellos2099

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2005
Get rid of all the illegal from mexico and we solve the problem. They pay no income tax and yell all our benefit.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Robor
I think I find delicious about this is she obviously believe low income earners will recieve this much needed contraception. Meaning she doesnt believe these low income earners can pull themselves out of the hole they are in and will be a net negative on the govt and society as a whole. Just remember that the next time you hear hew whining about being for the poor.

Well no shit sherlock. Now explain to me how having a govt hand out contrceptives will magically make these people use it? What next, Pelosi passes a measure requiring a govt official be present while sex to gurantee the free condom is put to use? Either way I find it amusing her lack of confidence in the people she claims to fight so hard for.

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
She is right...these children will become a burden on the system, this is actually pretty slick if you think about it....it is sort of a self imposed sterilization idea.

We cannot force people to get their tubes tied, or get a vasectomy so the next best thing is offer them free contraception...you are going to pay for it either way, either through funding of rubbers and sponges or through welfare and social programs, not to mention an increased demand for these products means increased manufacturing which means more jobs... and this way there are less people in the welfare line and taking from SS later on.

If the Republicans would pull their heads out of their asses for just a minute they might just see the silver lining.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: OrByte
Its pretty sad when republicans need to insert a wedge issue (abortion) into the economic struggles we see today in order to make themselves feel better.

+1 and a :beer: for the OP for still not realizing he IS what he despises. What a joke.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Do you (OP) propose less income tax deductions for parents too? Or is it just minority parents you're worried about stealing our tax dollars?

I dont see why I get money back for having kids.

More specifically, I dont understand why I get your tax money for having kids. Thats not fair to you is it?

Additionally, I didnt realize poverty was limited to minorities. I dont know why you would even bring up race when trhis is a class issue. Actually I do. Its ALWAYS been a class issue. But the handful of power elites have fooled us for centuries into thinking it was a race issue.

Now if you want to discuss the facts of what groups are the greatest percentages of poor or single mothers or welfare recievers thats fine. But I certainly wouldnt say that race was the cause of a higher then average rate, if one were to exist.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Pelosi wants to give hundreds of millions to a special interest group rather than to the people directly. Big surprise. The whole idea of "stimulus" is one big joke. If I didn't work two days a week just to pay taxes, I would have a lot more spending money and could really stimulate the economy. But these douchebags already have their hands in my pocket and they aren't willing to give that up, so they steal from the children that aren't even born yet. Our government has become a scam by the people because the people are too stupid to realize what is going on.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005

Its sad how quickly idiots jump on the political bandwagon.

You do realize it was Pelosi that propsed this right? SHE is the one inserting wedge issues and ignoring the real problem.

If you bothered to read however you would see I pointed this out already in the OP.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Contraceptive solutions to prevent unwanted pregnancies are a hell of a lot cheaper than all of the social services that sometimes come after those unwanted pregnancies. This one seems like a no brainer.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Xavier434
Contraceptive solutions to prevent unwanted pregnancies are a hell of a lot cheaper than all of the social services that sometimes come after those unwanted pregnancies. This one seems like a no brainer.

In a "stimulus" package? What kind of stimulus is she thinking about anyways? ;)

Nov 30, 2006
I think I find delicious about this is she obviously believe low income earners will recieve this much needed contraception. Meaning she doesnt believe these low income earners can pull themselves out of the hole they are in and will be a net negative on the govt and society as a whole. Just remember that the next time you hear her whining about being for the poor.

That said this is supposed to be a stimulus package that creates jobs by building infrastructure. WTF does contraception have to do with this? I bet once it is all said and done and fails to do anything we can examine where the money went and find a decent % going to black holes and special interest groups that added nothing meaningful to the economy.
I share your concern regarding how effectively the money will be spent...if a large percentage of the money goes to special interest groups who also have abortion agendas then we have an epic fail IMO. Contraception (especially the pill) should be easily obtainable at negligible or no cost. "Administration costs" should be kept to a minimum and should not be used to fund any proabortion or related activities. Somehow I think I'm dreaming.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002

In a "stimulus" package? What kind of stimulus is she thinking about anyways? ;)

*shrug*

I don't really care what they call it. I stand by my point.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

*shrug*

This stimulus package is being sold as a way to build infrastrucuture and create jobs. This is just a govt program with a never ending black hole that does neither.

If Pelosi wants to fund this take it out of the "stimulus" package and let it stand on its own.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Specop 007

You do realize it was Pelosi that propsed this right? SHE is the one inserting wedge issues and ignoring the real problem.

If you bothered to read however you would see I pointed this out already in the OP.

The 800+billion stimulus package is hardly ignoring the "real problem"

Republicans get their panties in a wad because of 100+ million being allocated to Family planning programs. Something that makes republicans start ringing their hands because they dont want to see their tax money being spent on the devils work.

I would have figured you and your ilk would all be behind Pelosi's program to go after all those welfare baby making machines.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002

*shrug*

This stimulus package is being sold as a way to build infrastrucuture and create jobs. This is just a govt program with a never ending black hole that does neither.

If Pelosi wants to fund this take it out of the "stimulus" package and let it stand on its own.

I'm fine with that too. I'd prefer that this fund were separate from the stimulus, but overall I really don't really care. As long as whatever they are doing is something that I believe is beneficial then I am happy. I feel represented and I feel like they are looking after the common welfare of us all.

In some sense though, her logic is not far from the truth. Let's face it. A great many unwanted pregnancies are a result of sex without using contraceptives due to cost and those pregnancies are also very often coupled with severe fiscal challenges. After birth, these adults will often go into heavier debt to make ends meet that they may or may not pay off. They often need to make use of social services. They often need to stop whatever they were doing to make sure they lead a successful and responsible life such as school. The list goes on and on. All of these things do have a negative impact on our economy.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Specop 007

The 800+billion stimulus package is hardly ignoring the "real problem"

Republicans get their panties in a wad because of 100+ million being allocated to Family planning programs. Something that makes republicans start ringing their hands because they dont want to see their tax money being spent on the devils work.

I would have figured you and your ilk would all be behind Pelosi's program to go after all those welfare baby making machines.

So now that democrats are crafting the spending bills the waste, earmakrs, and political paybacks should be ignored?

What else is in this stimulus package that doesnt hold true to the "spirit" of the legislation?

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Doc Savage Fan

I share your concern regarding how effectively the money will be spent...if a large percentage of the money goes to special interest groups who also have abortion agendas then we have an epic fail IMO. Contraception (especially the pill) should be easily obtainable at negligible or no cost. "Administration costs" should be kept to a minimum and should not be used to fund any proabortion or related activities. Somehow I think I'm dreaming.
Exactly what "special interest groups" are you people talking about?

Most of these family planning monies go to state and local government programs.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Well no shit sherlock. Now explain to me how having a govt hand out contrceptives will magically make these people use it? What next, Pelosi passes a measure requiring a govt official be present while sex to gurantee the free condom is put to use? Either way I find it amusing her lack of confidence in the people she claims to fight so hard for.

Well the answer sure as hell isn't reducing the availability to contraceptives! :confused:

She's being a realist - like that's a bad thing? If she was being unrealistic about their chances of pulling themselves out of poverty you'd be bashing her for that.