Pelosi borrowing from Iran's photoshop play book

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 12, 2004
You're overthinking it, sweetheart....

Guess what? It's a moment of fantasy captured....
No, sugar britches, I am not overthinking anything. You are engaging in the same sort of onerous bs and perpetuating it. I would say that you reap what you sow but eventually one side needs to take the high road. Which side that is going to be is anyone's guess because it seems neither wants to let go of their little infantile game of poking the other with a sharp stick.

Apr 27, 2012
I really didn't know that it was possible for human beings to be as stupid as Incorruptible, michal1980, and Doppel. I don't even know if stupid is the proper word ... no, sorry I have to correct that, human beings is the improper part. I don't see how anything that is as stupid as those three can be still considered human beings. The posts by the three of them in this thread are without a doubt the most idiotic things I've ever seen posted online, and that is so pathetic it's impressive.

You idiot, look up a couple posts above yours and there is a leftist posting the photo about gwb, its alright for the left to be angry about that but we cant be angry with this?

A yearbook is totally different, pelosi was always a pos and a progressive and then she does this, I dont like it and I expect better.

How about just taking the picture without the four late arrivals?

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
No, sugar britches, I am not overthinking anything. You are engaging in the same sort of onerous bs and perpetuating it. I would say that you reap what you sow but eventually one side needs to take the high road. Which side that is going to be is anyone's guess because it seems neither wants to let go of their little infantile game of poking the other with a sharp stick.

Really. I've been joking about in a bullshit thread to begin with...

Now I post a "Mission Accomplished" pic and you find such moral indignation.....?

\hey, tickletits - you don't declare something accomplished until it has been accomplished...
\\mission was not accomplished....
\\\once the mission has ended - then it's accomplished....
\\\\at that point - had the war in Iraq ended? No.
\\\\\and the secret word for the day: accomplished.

Last edited:

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
oh look more lefty spin.

photo's are meant to capture moments.

otherwise its fantasy.

Photos aren't always meant to "capture moments" - that photo was intended to capture all of the female legislators.

You use the word "spin" - I do not think it means what you think it means. My post = reality. Your posts = paranoid delusions else trolling. Spin? Spin not found.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
How about you start reading through your own thread. Someone posted a link within the first 2 dozen posts. Perhaps if you had read people's replies in this thread, you wouldn't look like such a tard for so long.
A Pelosi spokesman attached a message to the picture, noting it had been altered to add lawmakers who arrived late.
I really don't know how I missed this in post #23. Oh well, live and learn :) My bad.

I did read the people's replies, though. 90%+ were just enraged nonsense, which is possibly why I missed BoomerD's post.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg

lets see that ship's mission was accomplished.

and the photo was unaltered.

If there's any faux outrage in the photo, its that of the nutso left.

If the left has a problem with that photo they should have a problem with Pelosi's photo.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Multiple new sources picked up on this. Started with AP, was on NBC nightly news as well, yahoo news, msn, ad infinitum.

I can't believe how much butthurt group think this thread has dredged up among some folk here, it's really embarrassing. I understand some people find this uninteresting but geeze it's like I kicked an ant hill the anger that this has fomented.
Take two seconds to scan the thread and see who the only people supporting you are. Even some of the most partisan Republicans think you are an idiot. Only the completely brain dead troll bags agree with you. If that doesn't put this thread into perspective for you, nothing will, and in that case, I heard Pelosi actually drank pink grapefruit juice for breakfast but said she had ruby red. Now you really have something to be upset about.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Take two seconds to scan the thread and see who the only people supporting you are. Even some of the most partisan Republicans think you are an idiot. Only the completely brain dead troll bags agree with you. If that doesn't put this thread into perspective for you, nothing will, and in that case, I heard Pelosi actually drank pink grapefruit juice for breakfast but said she had ruby red. Now you really have something to be upset about.

There you go, work it out. Just let it all out. I'm proud of you Dank.

Apr 27, 2012

Says one of the most partisan trolls on this forum:D

Sep 12, 2004
Really. I've been joking about in a bullshit thread to begin with...

Now I post a "Mission Accomplished" pic and you find such moral indignation.....?

\hey, tickletits - you don't declare something accomplished until it has been accomplished...
\\mission was not accomplished....
\\\once the mission has ended - then it's accomplished....
\\\\at that point - had the war in Iraq ended? No.
\\\\\and the secret word for the day: accomplished.
I am indignant about both sides doing it and have made that very clear in this thread. You, otoh, apparently are only indignant when one side does it.

I suggest you find out the actual facts about the "Mission: Accomplished" photo instead of the lefty talking points you are parroting. It was NEVER about the War in Iraq being over, it had to do with the ship's mission being over. The banner itself was produced by the ship, not Bush and Co.

You are doing the very same thing the OP and the other are doing in this thread; ignoring the facts and going purely on partisanism and hate-filled rants.

Apr 27, 2012
I am indignant about both sides doing it and have made that very clear in this thread. You, otoh, apparently are only indignant when one side does it.

I suggest you find out the actual facts about the "Mission: Accomplished" photo instead of the lefty talking points you are parroting. It was NEVER about the War in Iraq being over, it had to do with the ship's mission being over. The banner itself was produced by the ship, not Bush and Co.

You are doing the very same thing the OP and the other are doing in this thread; ignoring the facts and going purely on partisanism and hate-filled rants.

Agree. This guy is such a partisan hack who should be ashamed of himself, complete garbage

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

I don't think you get how jokes work dude. Uber's posting of that pic was a good joke on the fantasy comment, as he said. You know because the mission wasn't actually accomplished at that point. It was funny because of the bad choice to have that banner prematurely, and then someone saying that pics don't capture fantasy.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Not clicking. Are you still really mad over this thread? I am thinking of asking the mods to stick it for its therapeutic benefits, as a kind of punching bag for people to release their demons.

That's the funniest part about this thread, even though you tend to support/post liberal ideals om the forum you were attacked the most by those on the left for stating your opinion on a photo.

Apr 27, 2012
That's the funniest part about this thread, even though you tend to support/post liberal ideals om the forum you were attacked the most by those on the left for stating your opinion on a photo.

That's the problem though, there is a lot of group think with them and they love to attack anything that goes against them.

Sep 12, 2004
I don't think you get how jokes work dude. Uber's posting of that pic was a good joke on the fantasy comment, as he said. You know because the mission wasn't actually accomplished at that point. It was funny because of the bad choice to have that banner prematurely, and then someone saying that pics don't capture fantasy.
argh!

Apparently you don't know the facts behind that banner either. It was never there to claim the war in Iraq was over. The lefties and antiwar crowd twisted it to mean that when it was never the actual intent. So the joke is actually on you and others who still buy the tired old talking points and still aren't aware of the facts behind it.

You are ignoring the facts just like the OP and his crew are regarding the Pelosi photo. Yet somehow each side thinks they are better than the other. You are all different sides of the same clown coin.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I don't see what the big deal about this picture is but then again I didn't see what the big deal about the Paul Ryan dish washing picture was. Both are misleading pictures due to politicians arriving late.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I don't see what the big deal about this picture is but then again I didn't see what the big deal about the Paul Ryan dish washing picture was. Both are misleading pictures due to politicians arriving late.

Actually they are very different. One pic was "this is an accurate representation of the female Democrat members of the House" people being late didn't make them NOT members of the House. The other is Paul Ryan saying "look, I go out and work at charities and helped out at this charity" when in fact he didn't help out at all.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

Exactly. Military units are tasked with specific scope-limited missions, of which "win the war" is not one.

QFT The left is far worse about demanding ideological purity, although it might well be political expediency making the right more tolerant as the right becomes more tolerant of opposing views while the left still has enough support to demand ideological purity.

Mmmm.... Pot, kettle.
Incorruptible is not really partisan. He's a Ron Paul supporter, and Ron Paul is the anti-Republican Republican.

Apr 27, 2012
Incorruptible is not really partisan. He's a Ron Paul supporter, and Ron Paul is the anti-Republican Republican.

Thanks, I have made this clear numerous times on the forum and many of my views actually OPPOSE the GOP but people keep making assumptions for some reason :confused: