Pelosi borrowing from Iran's photoshop play book

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Protip, I wasn't writing it for you It has become obvious you have no interest or ability in participating in reasoned discussion..
You quoted my post about you and left a reply and yet you weren't writing it for me. Really, this is your response? I know you've managed to get yourself upset over your bad behavior here but there is no reason to start lying. Do it again and you can spend the rest of the night in your room and no video games all weekend, young man.

NBC nightly news actually had a blurb on this image this evening. :D

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Iran released a faked photo attempting to deceive the world about their abilities.

Pelosi's office released a "high school yearbook class of '13" photo saying at the time that it was photoshopped.

Playbook not found.

Are you sure her office said it at the time? All I can find out are just repostings of the same spartan information. If when the image was posted this info was readily shared then I retract all criticisms. I honestly can't find that, though...

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Doppel, I love you buddy but I'm not getting the problem here. If it were some historical event, I'd agree, but the only historical event seems to be the actual taking of the picture.

Considering the state of our country I'd honestly prefer they Photoshopped in every woman. Why the hell are they all standing around on the steps instead of doing something constructive? Hell, at least Nero fiddled.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
This thread gives me a lot of LAWLZ. The OP swimming in his own idiocy is hilarious, haha. I need to find random stupid shit that has nothing to do with anything and be outraged about it more often just to make people wonder WTF is wrong with me. Does the OP even know what the point of the photo is about? Give this thread a few more pages of post and I see him pulling an Incorruptible and edits his own post and thread title after getting butt reamed by something call logic and intelligence.

tumblr_lvxhzrMX421r4d22do1_400.jpg

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Doppel, I love you buddy but I'm not getting the problem here. If it were some historical event, I'd agree, but the only historical event seems to be the actual taking of the picture.

Considering the state of our country I'd honestly prefer they Photoshopped in every woman. Why the hell are they all standing around on the steps instead of doing something constructive? Hell, at least Nero fiddled.
I hate photo edits. I even don't like airbrushing pimples off models, for real!

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
This thread gives me a lot of LAWLZ. The OP swimming in his own idiocy is hilarious, haha. I need to find random stupid shit that has nothing to do with anything and be outraged about it more often just to make people wonder WTF is wrong with me. Does the OP even know what the point of the photo is about? Give this thread a few more pages of post and I see him pulling an Incorruptible and edits his own post and thread title after getting butt reamed by something call logic and intelligence.

You're trying too hard.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
This thread needs more outrage.

I went to the Burger King today and ordered a Whopper with cheese and mayo only....

I got home and found they'd put tomato, lettuce, pickles, onions, mustard, ketchup and mayo on it.... No cheese.

I was outraged.

\not that this really meets the criteria of an "outrage" - but I had to vent.
\\wow, venting was refreshing - thanks bro!
\\\fucking BK.....

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I fail to see the hige tempest in the tea pot here? As Pelosi's office somewhat honestly tried to depict the new female members of the current congress. Which ended up being impossible due to the fact an initial group photograph did not show 4 legitimate members who did not show up in time to be included in the initial group photograph. So sin and outrage when Pelosi's office photoshopped them in.

However, if the dimocrats had taken another group portrait after they all showed up, it would be indistinguishable from the photo Pelosi prematurely posted.

When the lies in typical photoshopping editing lies is showing a totally fictional events like showing people like Osama Bin Laden and some other person holding the same gun and hugging each other. Two totally different levels of photoshopping. What Pelosi's office did is only a tiny bit dishonest while the other types of photoshopping are totally dishonest and despicable.

Abraxas

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2004
You're missing the real scandal Doppel. The real scandal is when that picture was taken it used Best Face Technology meaning every one of those smiling faces in the photo is a wicked grinning lie.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
You're missing the real scandal Doppel. The real scandal is when that picture was taken it used Best Face Technology meaning every one of those smiling faces in the photo is a wicked grinning lie.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As we should all bow to your wisdom, because the group of newly elected democratic women should be more accurately photoshopped showing both two horns and a long head high tail on each of the democratic women. After that the "wicked" grin is more understandable to a real photoshopping advocate.

Apr 27, 2012

I did not get "butt reamed" I owned all those people since I was able to expose their hypocrisy and they kept ignoring that point. Christmas is OVER and finished so there is no need for the thread to remain open. Its like having a Christmas thread in July

I went to the Burger King today and ordered a Whopper with cheese and mayo only....

I got home and found they'd put tomato, lettuce, pickles, onions, mustard, ketchup and mayo on it.... No cheese.

I was outraged.

\not that this really meets the criteria of an "outrage" - but I had to vent.
\\wow, venting was refreshing - thanks bro!
\\\fucking BK.....

Good, maybe it will teach you a lesson. But if you paid for something and you got screwed then you should be angry, not that many people would just do nothing but would be angry if they are getting screwed like this. Its not about the money, its about the principle.

Sep 12, 2004
I despise Pelosi with a passion and I'd be ecstatic to have an excuse to take a swipe at her. Honestly though, I don't get why this is considered so onerous. There really wasn't anything misrepresented in the photo and it was plainly admitted that the missing women were photoshopped in. This all seems like much ado about nothing.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
I despise Pelosi with a passion and I'd be ecstatic to have an excuse to take a swipe at her. Honestly though, I don't get why this is considered so onerous. There really wasn't anything misrepresented in the photo and it was plainly admitted that the missing women were photoshopped in. This all seems like much ado about nothing.

You di di mao. You making too much sense and not bringing enough outrage to the table.

Sep 12, 2004
You di di mao. You making too much sense and not bringing enough outrage to the table.
Well outrage is just the sad state of affairs here in P&N. 94.5%% of the threads in here boil down to "My dog's better than your dog cause he eats Ken-L Ration," another 5% is hating on the rich, and the last 0.5% are sensible, non-partisan posts by yllus.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003

why fake the photo? Why not leave it as taken, and just add in the names of people missing?

I still haven't seen anyone show any proof that Plastic Pelosi told everyone from the beginning the photo was fake. Only when asked about it.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
why fake the photo? Why not leave it as taken, and just add in the names of people missing?

I still haven't seen anyone show any proof that Plastic Pelosi told everyone from the beginning the photo was fake. Only when asked about it.
I haven't, either. If this was made known when the photo was posted I will happily STFU over the matter, delightfully. If she only said this when challenged to it, however, I maintain it was dishonest.

JoLLyRoGer

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2000
I haven't, either. If this was made known when the photo was posted I will happily STFU over the matter, delightfully. If she only said this when challenged to it, however, I maintain it was dishonest.

SRSLY?

facepalm-anim.gif

Apr 27, 2012
Well outrage is just the sad state of affairs here in P&N. 94.5%% of the threads in here boil down to "My dog's better than your dog cause he eats Ken-L Ration," another 5% is hating on the rich, and the last 0.5% are sensible, non-partisan posts by yllus.

These threads really ought to be banned since they are completely destroying P&N. Thanks to all the partisan idiots

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I did not get "butt reamed" I owned all those people since I was able to expose their hypocrisy and they kept ignoring that point. Christmas is OVER and finished so there is no need for the thread to remain open. Its like having a Christmas thread in July

What color is the sky on your planet?

Apr 27, 2012
What color is the sky on your planet?

I showed their hypocrisy, there was no way for them to defend themselves.

This thread should have outrage, what pelosi did was wrong and how can anyone justify what she did? What if a republican did this then dont you think that there would be outrage from the left?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I showed their hypocrisy, there was no way for them to defend themselves.

This thread should have outrage, what pelosi did was wrong and how can anyone justify what she did? What if a republican did this then dont you think that there would be outrage from the left?

No, you didn't. And no one besides you thought you did anything more than show your immense stupidity.