Pelosi borrowing from Iran's photoshop play book

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahha. Oh lord.

Give Dave, err ... Doppel a break. One really has to dig deep to find such worthless stories. At least Incorruptible and Michal are standing with him, so he'll have someone to share his outrage with.

Lulz!

JoLLyRoGer

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2000
Jeesus Fucking Tits!! Why is this so monumental that this thread actually made it past 50 posts!? It's a picture of the 61 Democratic women who represent the 113th Congress..

And nobody is trying to spin it for anything that it's not.. Not even Pelosi by her own account!
"It was an accurate historical record of who [not where or when] the Democratic women of Congress are," Pelosi told a news conference. "It also is an accurate record that it was freezing cold and our members had been waiting a long time for everyone to arrive and ... had to get back into the building to greet constituents, family members, to get ready to go to the floor. It wasn't like they had the rest of the day to stand there."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/04/nancy-pelosi-defends-alte_n_2410063.html

FFS get over it!

The mental masturbation being carried on here is astounding!

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Give Dave, err ... Doppel a break. One really has to dig deep to find such worthless stories. At least Incorruptible and Michal are standing with him, so he'll have someone to share his outrage with.

Lulz!

This thread is keeping me entertained. Can someone link these noobs the wikipedia articles on photography, dark room processing, or amberlith/rubylith?

Apr 27, 2012

Lulz!

We all know that if a republican did this then the usual suspects on the left would be outraged and the thread would have even more posts with them enjoying their circle jerk

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Jeesus Fucking Tits!! Why is this so monumental that this thread actually made it past 50 posts!? It's a picture of the 61 Women who represent the 113th Congress..

And nobody is trying to spin it for anything that it's not.. Not even Pelosi by her own account!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/04/nancy-pelosi-defends-alte_n_2410063.html

FFS get over it!

The high post count is partly due to me laughing at these idiots :D It's the kind of blind ignornace that I like to mock without impunity because a part of me hope that they'll think twice about posting something else as idiotic as this in the future as a cry for attention.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
We all know that if a republican did this then the usual suspects on the left would be outraged and the thread would have even more posts with them enjoying their circle jerk

Yeah, and whoever those leftists are, if they even exist, would be in the same category of dumbasses, just like you. But that's neither here nor there, where are you going with this point exactly? Because there are dumbasses on the left somehow allows you to not use your brain just as well? Are you saying you're being outraged just for outrage's sake?

Last edited:

JoLLyRoGer

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2000
The high post count is partly due to me laughing at these idiots :D It's the kind of blind ignornace that I like to mock without impunity because a part of me hope that they'll think twice about posting something else as idiotic as this in the future as a cry for attention.

HA!! Good luck with that endeavor! :D

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Nice tie to Iran!

In other news House Speaker John Boehner was observed drinking a glass of water, a beverage known to be favored by the Taliban. Fact: the Koran mentions water ninety five times.

Please note: IMHO, Pelosi should not have issued the photochopped photo, it was not appropriate.

Last edited:

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Jeesus Fucking Tits!! Why is this so monumental that this thread actually made it past 50 posts!? It's a picture of the 61 Democratic women who represent the 113th Congress..

FFS get over it!

of course she says that.

AFTER GETTING CAUGHT.

Furthermore, its not a picture. Its fake. Art work. a fraud, something that didn't happen.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Yet another example of why the Republicans put the "fun" in "dysfunctional":awe:
The op is the reason the Republicans are going on the trash heap of history.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
To find this even slightly irritating or annoying means you're an idiot. To be outraged about this at any level means you are so far beyond fucking stupid, that I am now motivated to point out your historic level of stupid in my sig.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yes yes, this is just like Iran.

clearly, this is why we have our guns! This outrage must end! My fellow patriots, take to the streets! Take back our country! This photoshop devilry must be stopped now, or we will be living under the thrall of a new Shah!

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Yet another example of why the Republicans put the "fun" in "dysfunctional":awe:
The op is the reason the Republicans are going on the trash heap of history.

His type of Republicanism anyways...which seems to be all too common these days, especially on this board.

Personally, I would like to just see more some sensible people with logical views as oppose to going all torch and pitchfork on a school photo, regardless of political affiliation. There are dumbasses on both ends of the political spectrums, but guys like the OP and Incorruptible are fine specimens of the conservatism that is scaring away everyone.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Do find this even slightly irritating or annoying means you're an idiot. To be outraged about this at any level means you are so far beyond fucking stupid, that I am now motivated to point out your historic level of stupid in my sig.
*too

Gotta spell right when pointing out stupidity.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

already been done, dingelberry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_Fonda_2004_election_photo_controversy

And that was a legit issue worthy of much scorn and finger-wagging.

The photo of female congress members in the OP is simply bait for idiots. Naturally, I am not surprised to see you dangling on the end of this hook.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
His type of Republicanism anyways...which seems to be all too common these days, especially on this board.

Personally, I would like to just see more some sensible people with logical views as oppose to going all torch and pitchfork on a school photo, regardless of political affiliation. There are dumbasses on both ends of the political spectrums, but guys like the OP and Incorruptible are fine specimens of the conservatism that is scaring away everyone.
I am pretty sure Doppel isn't even a Republican. Incorruptible, either for that matter. Incorruptible is a libertopian and Doppel I think is libertopian light.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
I am pretty sure Doppel isn't even a Republican. Incorruptible, either for that matter. Incorruptible is a libertopian and Doppel I think is libertopian light.

Well whatever they are, they sure are not doing a good job at representing the best of their political affiliation ;)

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
So these women are not currently members of congress?

How do we know these women even exist? I've never heard of them before today. I demand to see the birth certificates of The Photoshop Four!

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
This thread is epic.
Its too bad its too late to make it to the pwnage of the year for 2012 award.
Self pwnage is the best pwnage.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
*too

Gotta spell right when pointing out stupidity.

The downfalls of typing at work when I really shouldn't be posting on forums. I alt-tab back and forth so much I make mistakes and never proofread. However, edited now.

Feb 6, 2007
I think the bigger question is why does it matter whether this was photoshopped or not? Does adding four women to the picture change the meaning of it in any way, shape or form? Photoshopping Kerry and Fonda together when they didn't actually appear together is a political tool that makes people associate Kerry with the activism of Fonda. What does photoshop change here? Does it change the message of "hey, here are some female Democratic house members standing on some steps?" Were you fine with the picture but then found out that they associated with the four women in the back and it's completely changed your view of all of them? The meaning of the photo was not changed one iota through the use of photoshop, so the outrage over its use doesn't really make much sense.

Y'all must have a full on apoplexy when you're going through the supermarket checkout and you see the latest issues of Vogue, Cosmo, People and every other major magazine under the sun. Because, believe it or not, the women on those covers are *gasp* photoshopped.