Pedo cop released from jail after kids said he didn't molest them

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
http://seattletimes.nwsource.c...02_recantabuse11m.html

VANCOUVER, Wash. ? The two adult children of former Vancouver police officer Clyde Ray Spencer, who spent nearly 20 years in prison after being convicted of molesting them, testified in court Friday the abuse never happened.

I am sure he did it because children don't lie about these kinds of things. He was never proven innocent so I think he should stay in jail. Kinda like how Michael Jackson was...

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
OP -

Originally posted by: amdhunter

VANCOUVER, Wash. ? The two adult children of former Vancouver police officer Clyde Ray Spencer, who spent nearly 20 years in prison after being convicted of molesting them, testified in court Friday the abuse never happened.

I am sure he did it because children don't lie about these kinds of things. He was never proven innocent so I think he should stay in jail. Kinda like how Michael Jackson was...

Mine -

Something needs to happen to those kids for this.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: MotF Bane
OP -

Mine -

You timewarping son of a bit... :|

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Around 20 years ago, psychology was at a point where people didn't know that if you suggested things, more impressionable peeps, kids especially, would contrive these stories of being molested and so forth.

A lot of cases ended wherein people were falsely accused, and sadly, defamed. Appeals usually worked, but not always. Using psychology to try and get a better idea of what went on in people's memories isn't always the best bet.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: TehMac
Around 20 years ago, psychology was at a point where people didn't know that if you suggested things, more impressionable peeps, kids especially, would contrive these stories of being molested and so forth.

A lot of cases ended wherein people were falsely accused, and sadly, defamed. Appeals usually worked, but not always. Using psychology to try and get a better idea of what went on in people's memories isn't always the best bet.

I don't know. I would have taken a belt, and beaten the truth out of the little lying bastards. They should send those kids to jail for 20 years.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Originally posted by: MotF Bane
OP -

Mine -

You timewarping son of a bit... :|

I win your thread. :)

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Don't worry he'll be back in jail in no time. He'll be killing them soon. His own kids or not.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: TehMac

I remember watching a news special about a particular town where there was a DA (maybe cops, but I'm not positive) where kids were essentially being browbeaten to claim abuse until there were convictions.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Lol, he spent 20 years in jail falsely accused, yet he's still "Pedo cop" in the topic title. Damn, that's rough.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
i couldn't imagine spending 20 years in jail knowing i did nothing wrong without anyone believing me.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Yet people still want the death penalty in this country, if people can be wrongly convicted in sexual assault cases, people can be wrongly be convicted in murder cases too.

paulney

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2003
"They were told by their mother, who divorced Spencer before Spencer was charged, that they were blocking out the memory of the abuse."

I'd kill the bitch, too.

frostedflakes

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
He hired Seattle attorney Peter Camiel in the mid-1990s. Camiel and a private investigator uncovered several disturbing facts about the investigation ? including that prosecutors withheld medical exams that showed no evidence of abuse, despite Krause's claims that the children had been violently, repeatedly raped ? and those discoveries led Gov. Gary Locke to commute Spencer's sentence in 2004.
WTF, how can some of these lawyers live with themselves? Seems like their pride is more important to them than justice.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Phokus
Yet people still want the death penalty in this country, if people can be wrongly convicted in sexual assault cases, people can be wrongly be convicted in murder cases too.

*Exactly* the reason why I'm against the death penalty, and also sexual offender registries. I firmly believe that the number of incorrect convictions far exceeds what the public believes to be the case.

Oct 27, 2007
Originally posted by: paulney
"They were told by their mother, who divorced Spencer before Spencer was charged, that they were blocking out the memory of the abuse."

I'd kill the bitch, too.

Unfortunately this all happened right around the time that repressed memories were all the rage. We now know (pretty much) that it's all bullshit but who knows how many people were put away because of repressed memory hype.

MercenaryYoureFired

Nov 8, 2006

Absolutely, and it happens all the time. Former Gov. Ryan of Illinois actually banned the death penalty here for that reason; it was found out that something like 7 of the 11 people on death row at a certain time were proven innocent via DNA evidence, so Ryan, besides a bit of corruption, did something good in this state.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by: GeekDrew

*Exactly* the reason why I'm against the death penalty, and also sexual offender registries. I firmly believe that the number of incorrect convictions far exceeds what the public believes to be the case.

But even if it didn't, having the government execute just ONE innocent person is one too many.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: DangerAardvark

But even if it didn't, having the government execute just ONE innocent person is one too many.

Having the government jail just ONE innocent person is one too many, IMO.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Lol, he spent 20 years in jail falsely accused, yet he's still "Pedo cop" in the topic title. Damn, that's rough.

It only takes one accusation to be branded for life.

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
The whole system is just fvcked. Every case doesn't have the same control variables.. sometimes crucial information is withheld... sometimes the jury are jackasses, sometimes the judge and/or lawyers are jackasses. Come on, how the hell do you withhold medical examination evidence? That should be a mandatory procedure with results given from several different examiners for this type of case. (EVERY TIME)

Instead of both sides spouting random psychological bullshit to convince a jury, guidelines should be made.. Key topics should be examined thoroughly. A list of what needs and doesn't need to be proven/disproven. It shouldn't be based on how the jury 'feels' about the case either. Only on logical and informed information. (key things, such as medical examinations shouldn't be allowed to pass by)

I can't pretend that I know how the court system works because I don't. Just saying..

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Having the government jail just ONE innocent person is one too many, IMO.
At least someone improperly imprisoned can be released and, at least to some degree, compensated for their wrongful detention. Execution is kind of hard to correct...