"Peacekeeping Is For P%ssies" Ha Ha Ha !!! The Brits Are A Bit Miffed

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
We shoot first and ask questions later. Maybe. Its how battles are won. And you dont "peacekeep" till theres peace to keep. Ask Germany and Japan. We made fine peacekeepers after we crushed their asses completely.

Link to story

From the text:

"For their part, the Americans regard European armies as undermanned, under-equipped, and (in the case of the French) largely untrustworthy pygmies who could not even sort out Yugoslavia without a big leg-up from Uncle Sam. This time there is a more unsettling context to the traditional, even jocular, antipathy and mutual criticism between US and European armies."

OHHHHHH those wacky Europeans. Were acting like cowboys again and they don't like it.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Were acting like cowboys again and they don't like it
They are just jealous of our superpower status........it's either that or the fact that every time they look at Florida they get penis envy.

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
308Nato

Have you ever served overseas? If you had, you've no doubt experienced the inner-NATO rivalries between the serving countries armies. Though they seemingly quibble and argue over the smallest issues, when the bullets begin to fly you can be assured they stand fast together. Also, this was a British article written with a favorable light on British forces. It's like reading your local sports page in the morning after a loss by the local team. Other papers write of how the opposing team kicked the bejesus out of you local teams ass, yet the local papers tell of the loss but more of what was gained in playing the game.

~wnied~

Chipster

Aug 8, 2001
Whether they like the US military or not,the bottom line is that most of Europe would probaby be speaking German right now if it wasn't for the Americans.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Wnied :

No. I was based at March AFB in Ca. Lots of TDY's but no extended duty overseas. We mainly flew the lovely South Pacific. :)

The only foreign troops that I was around was the RAF and some Canadians when Red Flag was first initiated. Got drunk alot and generally harassed each other. So, I am aware that there is some good natured ribbing going on.

There is also some not good natured stuff that goes on. Yeah, when the chips are down its a team effort at the troop level. At the "intelligencia" and government level its a different story. They hate us and that is all there is to it for me.

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by: 308nato
We shoot first and ask questions later. Maybe. Its how battles are won. And you dont "peacekeep" till theres peace to keep. Ask Germany and Japan. We made fine peacekeepers after we crushed their asses completely.

Link to story

From the text:

"For their part, the Americans regard European armies as undermanned, under-equipped, and (in the case of the French) largely untrustworthy pygmies who could not even sort out Yugoslavia without a big leg-up from Uncle Sam. This time there is a more unsettling context to the traditional, even jocular, antipathy and mutual criticism between US and European armies."

OHHHHHH those wacky Europeans. Were acting like cowboys again and they don't like it.

HAHAHAHAHA Great story :D

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Since the 1991 Gulf War, American military strategy has veered towards something simpler: the unwritten ?Powell doctrine?, named after the Secretary of State, where the key to success in a military deployment is the definition of clear political goals followed by the use of overwhelming force to achieve them. In layman?s terms: ?big strike, quick
victory?. The US has reason to fear peacekeeping operations. Past exposure ended in the killing of more than 200 Marines in Lebanon in 1983 by suicide bombers, and the debacle in Somalia in 1993

nuf said...

Dead men can't kill you

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
the British soldier. ?Here?s something for you Brits,? an American trooper had scrawled on the wall of the joint US-UK lavatories at Bagram airbase beside the sketch of a naked woman.

?No Brits here ? we?re all out fighting while you guard the toilets,? a British soldier had responded beside it, ?something you?ll get more medals for anyway.?

LOL.....

:)

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: 308nato

Link to story

From the text:

Heh heh...maybe it's cuz we don't break for tea during battles...or cuz we don't say "please" and "thank you" before killing someone ;)

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
?Powell doctrine?, named after the Secretary of State, where the key to success in a military deployment is the definition of clear political goals followed by the use of overwhelming force to achieve them

Powell gets this named after him? Its not like making sure your goals are clear first is anything new. I'm sure that was Clauswitz's main point...

Still, I thought it was a pretty fair article. Pretty funny too. Still, maybe i'm biased cos i'm british...