Peabody, MA Police may get 9/11 holiday pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Text

Imo this seems a little disrespectful. While it was a tragic event I dont think it should be recognized as a holiday, and for another police dept to claim it is tacky.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Just watched it on the news. Pretty disrespectful. Just an opportunity to make time and a half. I hear the Peabody fire dept is going to ask for the holiday too. Peabody is a suckass town too.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Wow. A holiday on 9-11. Must be those liberal anti-Americans in Massachusettes.
Yep.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
btw I am against it.
It would be like making Pearl Harbor day a national holiday.
Of course, if we capture or kill Bin Laden and the government declares victory I am for a national holiday. However, I don't think 9-11 is the best day for it.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
the unions don't care. I think its wrong and they look like assholes. The NY PD don't even get higher pay on that day.

MA? fuck em.

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Wow! Is it that bad that we are necroing threads from 5 years ago for bitching material?

Ah I see. <city name, redacted> Lock Smith just spamming for his locksmith business.

The post that necroed this thread was deleted. Further, the IP address, link, etc., were submitted to the site stopforumspam.com so that it will help other sites automatically censor the link. Personally, I prefer NOT to do business with companies that resort to spam. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.