PDA/laptop/sublaptop for taking notes?

sirpado

Jun 27, 2001
Hello,

I saw a kid in the library with a handheld type device (more like the size of a psion), with full size keys, and a color screen. I struck up a conversation with him...

it seems like the device only has a word processor, and has like a 4 hour battery life. I am looking for somehting like this, that is smaller than a laptop, that only can word process....

I mean, i could get a small laptop off ebay for around 400...i mean my demands are not too high cause I am basically looking for something to take to class. but it would be nice to have somehting smaller, this thing was small. Does anyone have any idea what i am talking about?

The only similar prodct i know is psion

Ionizer86

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
PocketPCs are another good consideration. Something like a 400mhz dell hooked to a keyboard: very portable, and for under $400 (when they resurrect the 10% off and rebate), you'll find yourself doing not only word processing but also gaming, listening to music, editing other docs as well, using the PIM, and maybe even browsing net. Around 6 hour battery life too.

Tikerz

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I had a z50 and loved it. It'll be perfect for what you want. It's a very durable, sturdy machine. Check eBay.

Buz2b

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2001
Why not get a budget PDA with a foldable keyboard. Close to full size (the keyboard that is) and my wife uses hers for the same type of thing. I just got her a new one, a Dell Axim with the keyboard and a 64MB CFII card for under $285. Runs Pocket PC2002, full color screen, has Word and Excel (pocket versions), etc, etc.

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Isn't it much easier to take notes on paper? What if you have to draw a diagram? ASCII art? Bust out Paint?

LuckyTaxi

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: fr
Isn't it much easier to take notes on paper? What if you have to draw a diagram? ASCII art? Bust out Paint?

we wanna be organized. cant tell u how many times i keep losing my notes