pci bus hodling o/c back?

Corsairpro

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2001
I just getting an idea for a new athlon XP computer that I will be building for a friend and he wants me to overclock it as high as I can... my current computer is only running at a FSB of 138 cuz i think one of the PCI devices cant handle anything higher than 34mhz... anyway... in the way of mobo, ethernet, sound, and harddrives, which components allow for the highest fsb so I can o/c it well?

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
The vast majority of PCI cards cam only run within a set range of speeds, I believe. Your best bet is to buy a motherboard that has pci dividers, so that you can run extremely high fsb speeds without harming the pci slots' performance.

panhead49

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2001
there are alot of boards out that o/c well ....epox being one of them......as of only a month ago there were no...m/b's that had dividers!!!....all o/ced m/b's had the pci and agp buses running way out of spec and did well.....depending on your setup
as i said epox ......8kha+....8k7a....these are great o/c'ers.....get quality parts ....h/d's vid card...and so on ....have fun....
you might want to check out some o/c'ers web sites to see what devices they run.....amdmb.com........there are alot...