PCGHRyseSon of Rome benchmarks

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

monstercameron

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2013
than cant be rigth... i ended the game with a 3.6 4160 + oced 750 Ti at 45+fps ( frapz) with everithing set to high and 80% resolution... maybe they didint use the lastest drivers @ patchs?

(btw it looks lovely but the world physics are a joke, the original crysis > this console game i blame the subpar amd cpu.. everithing in the world is statick xpts 4 the main dude

( bonus focus 4 breakin a base!)

Physics have been shifted successfully on the gpu for a while now.

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
Some physics have been done on the GPU, most is still done on the CPU as far as I'm aware. Some DirectCompute, OpenCL and PhysX have been done on the GPU, but usually just special effects.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Havok has been fully CPU accelerated until recently with some GPU acceleration, last I checked.

Sorry, I find that a bit confusing. Are you saying that it used to be exclusively CPU accelerated and now it's partially GPU accelerated? I think that is what you are saying but it's not real clear.

bystander36

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2013
Sorry, I find that a bit confusing. Are you saying that it used to be exclusively CPU accelerated and now it's partially GPU accelerated? I think that is what you are saying but it's not real clear.

Basically. Until recently, Havok has only used the CPU. Now it has GPU acceleration, but that doesn't mean it only uses the GPU. The website goes on and on about how well it uses multiple cores now. If it doesn't use the CPU, why would it matter if it uses multiple cores well?

Magic Carpet

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2011
It's amazing, my regular Asus 270 OC card has nearly the same FPS as my other Asus 670 TOP (which is more powerful) in this game. Only pulling 100 watts less from the outlet. Talk about performance per watt here, lmao. (~180w versus ~290w). Looks like Kepler is abandoned tech nowadays. Okay, the 270 is heavily undervolted (down to 1.05v), but still, such a great card, and it paid back for itself during the mining craze, ha! Excellent value.

Last edited:

Erenhardt

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2012
It's amazing, my regular Asus 270 OC card has nearly the same FPS as my other Asus 670 TOP (which is more powerful) in this game. Only pulling 100 watts less from the outlet. Talk about performance per watt here, lmao. (~180w versus ~290w). Looks like Kepler is abandoned tech nowadays. Okay, the 270 is heavily undervolted (down to 1.05v), but still, such a great card, and it paid back for itself during the mining craze, ha! Excellent value.

Same here. Shame my its 2GB model only. It runs out of vram in new games but have actually enough core to push the graphics on very high presets.

IMHO it was the most groundbreaking card on 28nm. Great performance, performance/$, performance/watt, paid for itself :thumbsup:

Magic Carpet

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2011
Some of the graphics arguments bounce between subjective and objective a lot, hard to make a case there. I think it looks great, can't say it's the best looking game but I am positive Ryse has the best looking vegetation I have ever seen and the other elements aren't too far behind either.
Yesterday I finished with this game. It was short, but quite enjoyable. I have liked it way more than Far Cry 4, both graphically and story-wise.

Crytek games have been good and this one is no exception (The first Far Cry was great).