PC suddlny wont boot/post

tivoguy2

Jun 14, 2010
All of the sudden after years my desktop won't turn on-
I turn it on and the fans start, lights on the mobo turn on- but the screen is blank- and about 15 seconds after I hit the power button it restarts- everything turn off, then about 2-3 seconds latter turn on again- this time staying on but the screen is still blank-

I have an Asus p8z77-v mobo, i5 k series cpu (can't remember which ), gigabyte geforce 660 gpu and 4 corsair sticks of ram-
(8gb per)

The dram light on the mobo is on and wont turn off- I have tried pushing the MemOK button several time and it flashes and resets once or twice but still nothing on the monitor.

The system has been fine for years and suddenly dead- the only thing that happened is the cable guy moved the computer to access a wall plate and right after that it stopped. I have checked all connections- re-seated the ram and GPU, unplugged all the drives and tried starting it like that, even pulled the clock jumper and let the pc sit over night- still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
Also, remove all 4 ram sticks and just try 1 stick at a time. You might have just a bad stick of ram.