PC restarts frequently and CPU fan temperature changes

crazy.wingman

Jan 5, 2011

Hello Friends,

From past few days I am facing a problem with my PC.
MY PC suddenly restarts when it's turned ON or during loading of windows.

Above are the images from which the page fault issue I have overcome and solved, but was unable to understand why did it occurred.

The other two images in which my CPU fan temperatures are shown in red and changes frequently, is something which bothering me and looks abnormal.

To dig it further and find the root of the issue, I need your help.
Please help me in understanding the exact issue here.

Note:
I have kept my CPU voltage controller and CPU voltage as Auto just for a experiment.

The frequent restarts on starting my PC is my major concern, as I think its related to some hardware power issue.
Also to note: my DRAM memory keeps blinking red when the restart occurs, on resetting the DRAM memory the issues gets resolved.I have also swapped the positions of RAM sticks and checked but the issue is resolved for few days and later same problem persist.

My PC config is:
Intel i7 950
Asus P6X58D-E
6 GB Corsiar Dominator (3 sticks)
Nvidia GTX 460
Corsiar 750 PSU
128 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
2 mechanical HDD's

Last edited:

Burpo

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2013
You have to get those voltages under control. They're too far out of spec. Either your board, or power supply is wonky.. :wub:

tortillasoup

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2011
You have to get those voltages under control. They're too far out of spec. Either your board, or power supply is wonky.. :wub:

THIS. Holy crap are those voltages out of control. Typically, you want them to be within 5% +/-.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Your PSU is on the fritz, most likely. (And you should post in the computer help forum, BTW) but yeah, your power is all wrong.

Joepublic2

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2005
Like others said those voltages are way out of spec. I wouldn't power on that machine, personally, until I got a new power supply for it; they're far enough out of spec that they could physically damage your components not just cause stability problems.

Burpo

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2013
You can not set those voltages.
The board only reports what the power supply sends.