PC Gaming Keyboard Recommedation

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I will probably replace mine at some point with another Corsair, but without the macros on the left side. I never used them and they make the board longer than it needs to be. Maybe I'll ditch the ten key also, but I do use that from time to time. Hmm...those tiny little corsair keyboards are just the cutest little things you've ever seen.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair...7492&ksprof_id=3&ksaffcode=pg36984&ksdevice=c

I'll probably get mine from Best Buy again when the time comes. Suckers are expensive though, but totally WORTH.

Last edited:

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
What kind of games do you play? Have you never run into the limitation of pressing more than three keys at a time?

Yes, I have dealt with that limitation since the early 90s.

I dont play as much as I used to, these days I mostly just play one game until I get bored, and then play something else. Usually revisiting old favorites after a year or two.

Lately, its been my 4th trip back to Rimworld (dwarf fortress clone). But I played the hell out of Fallout 4, replayed New Vegas for a bit, played GTA 5 for a bit, and played some dwarf fortress until the frame drop / micromanagement of all their old damn clothes pissed me off.

In any case, the more than 3 keys at a time really was only a problem when I was using ahk and running 2 toons on WOW a LONG time ago ..

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Some gaming keyboards may be 6kro instead of full nkro. nkro is not difficult or expensive to implement with mechanical keyboards.

I think there are 2 kinds of laser etched keycaps. The one with infill material doesn't last as long since the infill can discolor or get slowly rubbed away. The other sort uses laser to etch the letters in a different color is more durable. Then there is dye sublimation and double shot keycaps which are very durable as well.

Well, I've seen 6 key roll over with USB and PS/2 offering N-key. Since many motherboards don't have PS/2 anymore I just had no idea people actually pressed more than 6 keys at once and couldn't figure out an instance that would be necessary for me personally.