PC gaming is superior to console gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiveman1561

Oct 1, 2013
1: it's cheaper to buy a PC than to buy a console, especially with rising console prices and dropping PC prices
2: you can play old games on better software and hardware on a computer
3: you can play old and new games on the same system
4: you can download mods to add to the game
5: if you don't like a game, just delete it, which saves resources and gives you data
6: steam lets you buy games over the internet, which is cheaper and doesn't use resources on packaging and game discs
7: you can program mods for it on your computer
8: there are free computer games to play
9: it is encouraging copycat consoles adding the internet and stuff to try to copy PC, so that's stuff that's better that it wants
10: thanks to steam, you don't have to drive or walk to the game store or anywhere to get games, you just need to buy them on your computer
11: you can customize your PC any way you want, from building it yourself, to the number of monitors, to simulator gear, to the oculus rift, plus a wide range of prices
12: You have a massive amount of access to usually free indie games that you'll never find on a console.
13: you can just port console exclusives to the PC
14: It is a versatile multimedia device, which consoles are also trying to emulate
15: You can play the same game with the same features on any PC, laptop to emulate portable consoles or desktop to emulate console towers
15 reasons why pc gaming is superior to console gaming. console gamers, bring it on

This has been discussed ad nauseum here and it never goes well. The two forums are separate for a reason.

Anandtech Moderator
KeithTalent

Last edited by a moderator:

njdevilsfan87

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2007
I just do both. Well, to be honest I haven't played a game on my 360 in like 2 years now, but I'm set to get a PS4 soon.

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
Some of your points are objective and true, but much of your post is subjective (especially the title) in regards to value and as such will likely brings trolls and thread locks.

Status
Not open for further replies.