PC Exclusive FPS! No, it isn't April fools

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Looks promising. I usually play more single player than multi-player anyway. :)

Edit: I still play games from the 90s with VGA graphics and thoroughly enjoy them. This game could have identical graphics and still rank as one of my best games of all time if the story and gameplay are up to it.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
DX10 and 11 are worthless, for the time being. They add nothing or next to nothing that couldn't have been done in DX9 instead.

besides that they run on a revamped from teh ground up backend thats supposed to be much more efficient than dx9, sure

but thats not nothing.

I wonder if some devs just dont want to have to relearn how to do stuff, I remember how awful initial driver support was in vista with the new api

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Yes seriously, if im going to buy a new PC game full price near release its going to have to have one of the following:

1. Be Diablo III
2. Have leading edge best in class graphics
3. Have a metacritic score of 95+, or multiple reviews of 9.5+/10

If it doesnt meet one of those three things i will wait till it hits the steam bargin bin at $5 a year or 2 later. I prefer to wait and save money on games so i have high standards if im going to pay $60 for a game.

i would not call your standards high

i would call them stupid

<- has added this to the ever growing list of games he has on preorder, which is now close to 20

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Looks like it is coming to Steam as videos and store page for it are now up but no price or release date other then September.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
i would not call your standards high

i would call them stupid

<- has added this to the ever growing list of games he has on preorder, which is now close to 20

I think it's dumb to only consider metacritic scores when determining which games to buy, but to a dedicated bargain gamer, it's also dumb to buy games at full price when most of the time they can be bought for half price or less within a few months of release.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Looks awesome and I love the fact it's single-player.

I'll add to my wish list. Thanks OP for posting!

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Up for pre-order! In for one.

Ok. Red Orchestra 2, Serious Sam 3, and now Hard Reset. I'm done pre-ordering anything for a while.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Played the demo for this game.

Not a bad game but if the game only is you shooting those bots,then its gonna get boring really fast.

Hope the full game has some sort of plot with multiple things to do.

Muscles

Jul 16, 2003
May as well be best single player FPS ever made. I still don't care. It's useless since no MP.